1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ho does this trade sound

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by d-rocafella, Jun 6, 2002.

1. d-rocafella

d-rocafella Member

Rockets trade: #1 pick, Maurice Taylor, Glen Rice

Bulls trade: Eddie Curry, Jalen Rose

I think this is as even a trade as possible. With Curry we get a true center that Rudy T can mold into one of the best. Rose gives us a great 3 to go along with Cat, and Francis. The bulls benifit by having the first 2 picks and they would draft Ming and Williams. Add those 2 to guys like Chanler, Fizer, the other rockets involved in the trade and they look good.

Rockets lineup

C: Cato, Curry, Collier
    PF: Griffin, #15 pick
    SF: Rose, Langi
    SG: MObley, Torres
    PG: Francis, Norris, Brown

that is a solid lineup.

2. mduke

mduke Member

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, I still prefer the #1, somebody for #2, Curry. Let Chicago take who they want, and we take Butler.

4. showcaseteggy

showcaseteggy Member

I like the way you think :cool:.

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I don't like it. We should not use the number 1 pick to erase the mistakes that Caroll Dawson made last offseason.

6. New Jack

New Jack Member

I'm in favor of keeping the pick and drafting Ming, but if the Bulls offered #2(Butler) and Curry for the #1 and our garbage(Rice, MoT, etc.), I would give it some serious consideration if I were the Rockets. It's a whole lot better then all the trade scenarios involving Odom that's for sure.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dude, if the Bulls offered the #2 and Curry for the #1 the Rockets would be fools not to jump on that. I would even throw in our #15. Curry is going to be a very good player in the league unless he goes Mo Taylor on us and blows up, and the Rockets could get Butler to boot.

8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Hmm sounds kinda even I guess, our unproven center for their unproven center....I guess it cancels itself out.

I guess what Im trying to say is, We know that Curry didnt do anything last year, So I guess he has just as much a chance to be a bust that Ming does.

I guess the question that Rockets have to ask is, which unproven center to gamble on.

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

the one that touches the rim without jumping

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's just not center for center. It is center for center and a great SF prospect. I'd do it in a heartbeat especially if they are willing to take some trash from us.

11. Juugie

Juugie Member

If we were playing touch the rim, that would be GREAT!

But this is basketball. Hell Manute Bol was taller with MUCh longer arms, but being able to touch the rim without jumping didn't help him out too much on the court. They haven't gotten around to giving points for that yet. ;)

12. hpscc

hpscc Member

Eddy Curry 2001-2002 Stats:
    MPG - 16.0 PPG - 6.7 RPG - 3.8 BPG - .74 FG% - .501 FT% - .656

Eddy Curry April 2002 Stats:
    MPG - 25.3 PPG - 10.9 RPG - 5.9 BPG - 1.00 FG% - .581 FT% - .788

13. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Trust me! They will. ;)

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That would be a nice trade but would Jalen work personality wise with the current backcourt. Jalen would want this to be his team(he still wants to play pt. guard). Of course he would be an 3 on the Rockets-if they meshed that would be a tough line-up.

15. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

I would never trade with Chicago unless we got their #2 as well as a good vet

16. Darth West

Darth West Member

Well I dont think Chicago really can afford trading Rose ... fans, media, GMs and would criticize and discredit Krause even more then they do now ... not to mention it would probably be even more difficult for Chicago to attract free agents ...

#16 Darth West, Jun 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  17. TexanJohn

TexanJohn Member

EVERYBODY SAY "Ho"

"HO"