1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton Clinches Democratic Nomination!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 6, 2016.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Some Bernie supporters live in an alternative dimension. They would have an argument if Bernie was even close in the popular vote, but he is not. They are argue the super-delegate system is unfair( which I agree with), but the super-delegates are the only chance Bernie have, because he is over 3 million votes behind in the popular vote.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

As the article said: it is over unless Bernie wins CA and also Hillary keeps having her email problems.

If indicted it is probably over for Hillary, but what happens if she escapes actual indictment but looks even worse than she has after the IG Report which showed her numerous lies -- not helpful given her track record in this area which tends to even diminish Trump's chronic lying as an issue.

I still think Hillary pulls through short of indictment against Trump given the is the worst candidate in probably at least 120 years.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You got it wrong Bob, like many of the comfortable. Without Bernie pushing Hillary out of her Wall Street Dem comfort zone, the Dems would lose the mid-terms in typical DLC fashion. Most working class voters would fail to see her small triangulated differences with the GOP as meaningful to their lives and would not turn out to vote or would only turn out to vote against her on the social issue of the day, perhaps transgendered toilets will still be viable as an issue.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Keep tossing crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks, glynch. It makes you look bitter and petty, not a pretty picture. Ms. Clinton is winning under the same rules as President Obama won in 2008. She has a 3 million popular vote lead. She has an insurmountable lead in delegates and will lead in pledged delegates after today, in my opinion. You're like a baby in a crib, crying because you have a wet diaper. It is a sad place for you to be, but hey, I'm sure you can find some other Republican slams to toss at her. Keep doing their work for them, glynch. I'm sure that if they were aware of you, they'd be delighted.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Of course I have it "wrong" (sic), glynch. I disagreed with you even one iota.

Of course, I'm "comfortable" and oppose all of Bernie's principles. :roll eyes: You got it, champ.

Anyone who does not fervently support Bernie is a stupid demonic waste of human flesh. We get it already.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So basically, the worst case scenario for Hillary is the nonexistent indictment, and the even worser case is the existent non-indictment that is currently forthcoming.

Good lord, maybe she should just give up. Instead she's going to bash Trump silly like she has for the last two weeks (which is actually pretty easy, just let him talk).

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Very unfortunate it's not a true american heroine and luminary to hold the honor of being the first.

8. Major

Major Member

And here's the heart of glynch. The white man who knows what's best for all the womenfolk. If women just weren't so ignorant and would just vote for Bernie, they'd be better off. But they are too stupid to know that and need glynch to tell them who's the best candidate for them.

When it comes down to it, you're just as hateful and small-minded as the people you rail against, whether that be the GOP in the past or now all the Dems that don't agree withyou.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

While I agree with you on one level, I think we have to be honest: this country and this culture no longer allow american heroes or heroins in political careers. We will greatly magnify and emphasize the flaws of anyone and everyone who dares hold office. Anyone with a tiny stain (meaning anyone human) is suddenly covered in excrement, by our collective reckoning.

For instance, whatever people think of the last two presidents, we have failed to really celebrate that we had two decent, family-centered human beings leading the country. Each has been compared to Hitler, LOL. Or cry out loud, rather.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see that you can call it a 'clinch' if you're counting the superdelegates to get there. What we know today is what we have known for months -- that Clinton will be the nominee. It'll be news when she can clinch without superdelegates.

11. dragician

dragician Member

Better than Trump by a mile.

12. Major

Major Member

Technically, that won't be until the convention simply because of how many Superdelegates exist. In 2008, Obama was nearly 300 delegates short of the "required" number after all the primaries, but no one questioned that he had clinched the nomination long before the convention. It's simply because there are 700+ superdelegates. If you count them in the total needed but not in the delegate count, math makes it virtually impossible to clinch beforehand if there are at least 2 marginally-competitive candidates throughout the whole process.

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Neither of them ran for president, either.

14. Major

Major Member

For comparison, using just pledged delegates, Clinton has a 290ish pledged delegate lead right now. In 2008, Obama had a 130 pledged delegate lead after all the primaries and was universally considered the winner (and long before the end of the primaries). Hillary also won 6 of the last 10 primaries in 2008, and yet no one said Obama was losing momentum or struggling to the finish line or anything like that. I believe people like glynch would have been livid if anyone claimed otherwise at the time.

Never has a candidate done so poorly - clearly losing in # of states, popular vote, pledged delegates, recent votes, etc - while their supporters act like the candidate is competing evenly and somehow deserving of the nomination.

15. Major

Major Member

So the argument is that it's a crime, but it's OK to commit as long as you don't run for President?

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The Pope and Hillary are on the same stage in Yankee Stadium in front of a huge crowd. The Pope leans towards Hillary and says, "Do you know that with one little wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go wild with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep into their hearts and they'll forever speak of this day and rejoice!" Hillary replied, "I seriously doubt that! With one little wave of your hand....Show me!"
    So the Pope backhanded her and knocked her off the stage!

17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

If Sanders wins California it will be like hitting a mid court three at the buzzer in a game you trail by 15.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    What the AP did last night for Hillary is exactly why so many voters are fed up with the media and the political establishment. It's why Trump and Bernie have such strong followings. People are sick of the rigged system and the media's manipulation.

Look at how sickening the Ben Rhodes revelations have been -- where the guy essentially admitted using friendly media outlets to con the public over the Iran talks. Rhodes is the gentleman who writes the speeches that make people think Obama is smart, and is also an advisor to the President. He was completely unqualified for the role when he was appointed -- his previous experience was writing short stories. Why was he appointed? His brother is a senior executive at CBS. It's time to rip this corrupt system of cronyism and media manipulation up. The only way to do it is to vote Bernie or Trump.

GOOD DAY

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

glynch, I'm sure most progressives, whether a Hillary or a Bernie supporter, have admired the way he has energized the party and moved the needle leftward. It's been a long time coming.

However, it's time to work to elect the (soon to be) Democratic nominee.

Unless you think Trump is better suited to govern than Hillary, it's time for Bernie supporters to turn their ire towards the remaining threat.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gonna wait and see what happens in Cali.

DD