1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi from Russia!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clyde, Dec 22, 2001.

1. clyde

clyde Member

Yesterday it(he) for the first time has got acquainted with this site - best! Before was only on ESPN and official site.
    I write with the help of the computer interpreter, therefore excuse.
    When in Russia showed NBA that very much frequently showed games Portland in which shone Clyde Drexler. It(he) became my idol. After his(its) transition in Houston I began to be sick behind Rockets. But since 1996 of game NBA at us are not accessible on îáùåíöèîíàëüíûõ channels, and satellite TV at us is not present, as I live in a province (Lipetskay oblast). I dream to see game of the favourite command even in not most good for it(her) the period. If who can send me game of Houston in a format VHS I shall is very grateful to you. Still if who saw as played Clyde - write please. Only objectively. A thank. I hope for long dialogue.

Rockets and Clyde - for ever!

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Wow, reading your post was like me trying to listen to the Japanese side of my family. I GET IT!

Sorry, no help on your request.

Welcome.

RR

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Welcome to the best fan site on the web.

GO ROCKETS !!!

DaDakota

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Russia! That is really cool!

If you like, email me and maybe I can work out taping a few games for you and mailing them. Anyone who would go to this kind of extreme to see some Rockets games is a TRUE FAN!!!

My email is jeff@clutchcity.net .

<font size=1>p.s. everyone else, take note of this guy. now, THAT is dedicated.</font>

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Yeah! Howdy from Texas to Russia!!!

Welcome aboard!

6. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Welcome Clyde!

I share your pain in being a European fan of the Rockets.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think the guy's gonna be depressed when he finds out Clyde isn't playing anymore. :(

Welcome, clyde. :D

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This guy hasn't seen a game in 6 years and he's a HUGE fan!!! Talk about dedication. His favorite player is Cuttino - per an email he sent me.

9. clyde

clyde Member

2 Jeff
    To you the letter

2 Dr of Dunk
    I know, that it(he) has left:)))
    Depression I do not suffer. On the contrary I look at this team with the large optimism.

2 All
    Thank, brothers for warm reception. Tell, please, how Drexler played in Rockets?
    Simply it would be desirable to hear from the eyewitnesses.
    Whether also very much I want to learn(find out) approved fans Rockets trade Michael Dickerson. Imho the excellent(different) player.

10. Clyde the Glyde

You might also like Oscar Torres since he plays like Clyde Drexler.:cool:

11. Lynus302

Clyde the Glyde was amazing. He was so fast, and could be so dominating. In the 1995 NBA Finals, Hakeem and Shaq played pretty much to a draw between them: Shaq's power game vs. Hakeem's grace and finesse. It was Drexler who was the difference maker in that series, IMO.

Were it not for some guy named Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler would be considered the best shooting guard ever.

Clyde is from Houston, he attended the University of Houston with Hakeem, and he lives here now. It was great to get him home to the Rockets in 1995.

Jeff:
    If you're sending this guy tapes, you ought to send copies of Clutch City and (especially) Double Clutch.

12. The Voice of Reason

Welcome Clyde,

Any fan of Cuttino is a friend of mine. I went to university with him.
    I hope someone can send you tapes, however, it may be easier for you to get a few games over the internet rather than by mail. that is if anyone has a game on their hardrive?

again, welcome

happy holidays

#12 The Voice of Reason, Dec 22, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2001
  13. clyde

clyde Member

2 The Voice of Reason
    Unfortunately at me communication(connection) such, that I shall swing on e-mail the whole year:))) or is exacter: ((((

All. Has gone to sleep. At us already 0:17. Victories to us in a today's match!

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

lynus -- did you just say clyde drexler was the 2nd best SG of all time?? are you kidding?? please tell me you are!

clyde -- welcome to Clutch City!!! nice to meet another Rocket fan!

16. cson

cson Contributing Member

no one chose Clyde as a user name before now?

Welcome!!!!

17. Lynus302

DOH!!! As a Rockets fan, of COURSE I'm kidding. Clyde is the greatest 2 of all time. What was I thinking?? :eek:

In all reality, I was speaking for the masses who consider MJ to be the greatest, regardless of position.

18. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Russia is almost as much of a European country as Canada . . . :p

19. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Uh, Russia is European all the way to the Urals.

Hey Jeff, I don't know what you can work out, but I'm pretty impressed with the thought of someone in Russia being a big Rockets fan. Don't know if i'd be cheaper, but if you want to send tapes to me in London, I'd be happy to repost to Russia and hence split some of your cost for shipping. You can email me at Kostun@hotmail.com.

Clyde - Welcome to the board! Its great to see the legend of Drexler has spread worldwide! There was never anything like Clyde in the open court with his head down headed straight for the basket! Unstoppable!

20. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

I don't get it. :confused: :confused: :(