1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi CFANS its Bob from Valdosta GA

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Mcpherson12, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

well that took a bad turn, lol.

2. Mcpherson12

Mcpherson12 New Member

Son, when you've been raped in the basement everyday, you develop stockholm syndrome and fall in love with your tormentor.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

? No it's not. Y'all is actually a recognized contraction for you all, used in a significant portion of the country, notably TEXAS where the Houston Rockets are based.

Confusing "your" and "you're" is just improper grammar. It's just wrong.

1 person likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I'm not Bob Mcpherson. I'm not from Valdosta GA. I.ve not been following the HAWKS these past few years.

But cool story bro

5. Nook

Nook Member

Patrick Beverley isn't dirty... yet.

His personality is all out balls to the wall, 100% effort every second he is on the court... and when he isn't playing he is thinking about how he can get over against his next match up. He is a very proud, hard working, focused competitor that has no problem telling you exactly how he feels.

He is very aggressive, and physical but he really hasn't been dirty in his short NBA career. The play with Westbrook was not dirty, it happens hundreds of times a year without issue.

He is very similar to Avery Bradley or Gary Payton in his style of play.

6. CertifiedTroll

Not sure if large Troll or just little Goblin

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:confused:

On TV?? I don't understand.

How can they do that?

8. pwnyxpress

I would like to point out that, regardless of what WE think of Bev here on CF, I imagine most other teams/fans of other teams view his play as dirty, and I can see why they think so.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

welcome brother, we can always use more supporters for the Houston Rockets

[​IMG]

10. Nook

Nook Member

I can understand not liking Beverley.... as I would not like him if he played for another team.... but please explain how he is "dirty"... I don't see that. I see a very physical player.... but he isn't Bowen, Artest, Stockton, Malone or even Payton.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

OK, sure.

Also,
    http://www.ask.com/question/is-y-all-proper-english

12. Granville

Granville Member

I have always wondered what the **** Bobby from the V was up to? That mystery is now solved.

Howdy Bob.

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

If Bev were on the Thunder and he took out Dwight the same way he took out Westbrook he would overtake Derek Fisher as the most hated on cf.net. That is a fact.

14. pwnyxpress

I don't think he's dirty lol, but I can see other teams' fans thinking so. He tends to do things that appear a bit bush league. Bev's the type of player I can see that, while just playing good defense, ends up undercutting a shooter on his landing and having that guy break an ankle or something lol. He plays aggressive but with that comes risks; risks to the other player if one small thing should go wrong. Sure, maybe there's assumption of risk because that's the sport of basketball, and if it's within the rules...but clearly Bev's made a choice, a value judgment that tends to rub opponents (and their fans) the wrong way because it comes off as reckless.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. PBev is not dirty.

2. You're welcome here if you can bring with you Millsap and take back our mediocre Lin.

3. What/where is Valdosta? Never heard of that before...

16. Nook

Nook Member

You are going to rely on urban dictionary?

I have multiple advanced degrees from top 10 colleges and use "y'all" without any issues... then again everyone knows I am from Texas when I open my mouth so maybe they expect ignorance.

17. pwnyxpress

Did you seriously just try to prove your point...but quoting urban dictionary? Are you 15?

If you're going to use a site that just has random posters posting information, at least use one that's more respectable for such matters, like wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

Or heck, just use actual dictionary sites:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/y'all

Or

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/y'all

18. Nook

Nook Member

That is cool.

I agree with you, I thought you were saying he made obviously dirty plays like Payton or Artest would.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Beverley doesn't play dirty... he's an annoying pest if you're being guarded by him I'm sure, but he doesn't undercut people/commit dangerous fouls/etc

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Some OKC fans might think he's dirty because of the Westbrook thing but they're wrong. Was a pure accident on a play that happens all the time in the NBA