1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HELP] Windows 8 Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CJLarson, Sep 4, 2013.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ok, so I used my girlfriend's laptop and I created my own user account instead of logging into hers when I would use it. After that was done, whenever she would log onto her own personal account, it was as if it had been started up for the first time. It only shows a couple of apps on the Windows 8 home panel and when going to desktop, the only way to see her documents and files are by going through the C Drive and going to users.

How can this be fixed to where her account gets running back to normal? My account displays everything fine by the way.

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Delete your account and buy your own laptop

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

I'm not too familiar with Windows 8 but maybe try a system restore.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

By installing Windows 7.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I have my own. I let her use mine while she stays at home recovering and she lets me use hers at school since it's much faster.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You need to SIGN OUT.

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I tried that then signing into hers. Still no luck. It would also take it a while to boot up after her account was logged in it would say preparing windows abnormally long. I ended up deleting my account and that took care of it.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That works but all that you needed to do was to go to the Charms menu (move mouse to upper right corner), select Settings - PC Settings - Users. Under Your Account, you needed to restore her account as the primary account. I'm guessing that you inadvertedly set the PC to connect to your Microsoft account instead of hers. All you needed to do to add yourself was to go add your account under Other Users - Add User. Sorry to be late in responding.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

your own fault for allowing your girlfriend to have windows 8.

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Appreciate the effort anyway. Will rep.

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ha, we got her an awesome laptop last black friday on a toshiba with 3rd gen i7, 8gb ram and 750 gb hd. She can deal with windows 8, she seems to like it actually.