1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help!! NBA League Pass in Austin, TX???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Oct 27, 2009.

1. elvis

elvis Member

Help! I'm a Houston Rockets fan who just moved to Austin, TX from San Francisco. When I called Time Warner Cable in Austin to sign up for league pass today they told me that ALL Houston Rockets games are blacked out (or unavailable) if you sign up for league pass.

Is this correct? Has anyoneone out there ever had League Pass on Time Warner Cable in Austin, TX and been able to get games during the season? What gives?

Any advice you could give me on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Def. not the case. Look to DD's posts in the Hangout thread about League Pass . He and several others in the ATX have been getting LP for years. As for me, the broadband worked just fine last year when in Austin. Got every Rockets game except those on national TV.

3. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the gameis on free tonight -ch 915. Usually the first week is free.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Incorrect. Spurs games are blacked out. Austin is Spurs territory.

I had League Pass in Austin for 3 years while at UT, and always got the Rockets.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Spurs blacked out on LP, Rockets are on channel 915 tonight at 9pm.

6. Curly

Curly Member

Confirming that I am watching it on 915 in Round Rock Time Warner as well, and have had LP and gotten all Rocket games except when they play the Spurs...but then it's on "local" TV...most of the time.

7. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Even with don't you have League Pass Broadband. It's free when you sign up for League Pass TV...

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

i have TW in austin, and i went to channel 915, and it says 'channel not available, please try again later.'

damnit!

9. elvis

elvis Member

You guys rock!! Thanks so much for giving me the 411!

Go Rockets!
    Elvis

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

They have blacked out the rockets in the Rio Grande Valley. 1st time I have seen them blacked out here.

11. mcmo2789

mcmo2789 Member

Its so lame man, i moved to austin a couple of years ago and when i saw that the rockets game where blocked and they showed only spurs games I was preety pissed bro. I called dish so many times and I got fsn but stilll it showed spurs. So now i watch it online at atdhe.net its a good site and atleast we get to watch the games!

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

FromSport.com

Don't watch, it's bad.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I had league pass in Austin two seasons ago when I went to school. They blocked out Spurs games but I got all the Rockets games. That really blows if they decided to black out Houston games as well.

If they aren't showing the Houston games on regular cable channels there you have a legitimate complaint. Maybe TW can do something, I imagine there are alot of people in that boat.

14. Sandi

Sandi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You must have talked with same TW rep I got when I called to sign up. I knew he was wrong and told him so....he then transferred me to someone else who confirmed that he was wrong. I don't know what is wrong with TW....they cannot get their act together. They are still showing MLS Kick on the guide for channels that are assigned to League Pass. I mentioned this to them last week.....guess no one cared to follow up and change the Guide to reflect those channels are League Pass instead of soccer. I could not watch the Rockets tonite because all of my League Pass channels are "currently unavailable" due to some sort of error. Now I have to wait for them to send a tech out here on Thursday. I am not happy.

15. MourningWood

i was worried when i didn't see the game at 9, but it appeared on channel 915 minutes later.

16. MourningWood

channel 913 at 9:30 tonight

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Time Warner reps don't know their arseholes from their elbows.....games are on....been on for years.....and get the League pass it rocks.

DD

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

not sure which moron at time warner told you that, but it's false, i've had league pass 3 years in a row here and never had a problem besides the channels sometimes being screwed up and having to reset my cable box because time warner is a piece of crap, last year they told me i couldn't pay for lp in one payment, i'm pretty sure they just make stuff up as they go

19. MourningWood

fsn houston announcers on 914, gsw crew on 913. thank god clyde's not working tonight...

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Does anybody know what channel I can watch the rockets on Direct TV in the Rio Grande Valley. They have blacked out all channels on league pass 752 and FSN on 678. I just called and cancelled League Pass alittle while ago, they have never blacked Rocket games down here or in San Antonio, it makes no sense. Apparently they don't want my money.