1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] Microsoft Office Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CharlieMurphy, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

All right. This is a pretty stupid question that I'm sure one of you guys can answer.

When I select/highlight a whole paragraph and press the delete button, nothing happens. I would have to delete an entire paragraph by holding down the delete button, erasing each character individually. I know there is a function to turn this on/off, but I can't remember it. Any one know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i've never had that problem. try backspace instead of delete?

3. CharlieMurphy

Nope, doesn't work either. My only other option is to highlight and "cut" it out. :eek:

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Are you using '07 version? cus that one SUCKED! I regretted ever getting that.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Select everything but the paragraph mark (the space after the last bit of text), then it'll work. Not sure why it does that sometimes.

6. CharlieMurphy

Nah I'm using the 2003 version.

So, I finally was able to fix it myself. It was the "Typing replaces selection" under the Edit tab for the Tools Option.

Thank you guys anyways though! :D