1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Helltrack replica (BMX Track from the film RAD) being built in Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Apr 11, 2018.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I think I'll be going to this - For us Old School BMX'ers and freestylers, no movie moved us to ride like the RAD. This summer, Texplex park in Midlothian is holding a 3 day Helltrack festival with a full-size replica of Helltrack that you can ride. Yes, everyone is invited to ride the track.

Cru Jones himself (Bill Allen) will be at the event as well as BMX legends and Rad Stuntmen Eddie Fiola and Martin Aparijo.

https://texplexpark.com/blog/texplex-park-host-helltrack-2018-festival/

On June 22nd-24th, TexPlex will kick off its first Helltrack™ festival in Midlothian, Texas – 30 minutes south of Dallas/Fort Worth. The TexPlex crew has teamed up with event powerhouse Big Mountain Events and Bill Allen, the original star of RAD, to host a three day festival for all Helltrack™ and RAD movie enthusiasts. TexPlex expects attendees from around the world to come and meet Bill Allen and ride Helltrack™. TexPlex will be hosting races on Helltrack™, as well as the track being open to the public to ride for the weekend. The festival wouldn’t be complete without a Bicycle Boogie dance party at the event center located at the venue, Blaine Stone Lodge.

For course builder and “Chief Dirt Officer” Joe Prisel, building a full replica of Helltrack™ and hosting a race on the track is a longtime dream come true. “I remember sitting in the movie theater in 1986 watching RAD and wanting to build Helltrack™ as soon as I walked out of the theater. I finally have the opportunity to build a complete Helltrack™ replica and it’s going to be a once in a lifetime build. I couldn’t be more excited!”

“TexPlex Park is beyond excited to recreate the iconic Helltrack™, a resurrection that fans having been hoping for since they first watched Cru Jones in 1986. We know that having Bill Allen, who starred as Cru Jones, will add to the environment and authenticity of what we’re creating in Texas. We have an incredible builder leading the charge in Joe Prisel and an already unbelievable facility, so adding all these elements together will undoubtedly create a memorable event that lives up to the anticipation.” Thomas Kehoe, President & Founder of TexPlex Park

A limited number of pre-sale general admission and VIP tickets will go on sale in mid-October through the TexPlex website. Tickets are required for entry and TexPlex Park does expect a sold out event. Event t-shirts, stickers, and posters are also available online for purchase through the TexPlex website.

For complete schedule and more information on this event, please visit our Helltrack™ event page, our Helltrack™ Web page (with T-Shirts and Posters for sale), and our Helltrack™ Facebook page. New details will continue to be added. For sponsorship and vendor inquiries, please contact the Director of Operations here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

This track?
    (My knees hurt by just looking at it. But I do enjoy watching BMX competitions.)

Another 80s BMX movie... with 16-year old Nicole Kidman

DFWRocket likes this.
  3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I watched this movie almost everyday one summer. Time to bust this badboy out:

DFWRocket likes this.