1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heath Ledger to play the Joker???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Exclusive Scoop: We Know Who The Joker Is! HA HA
    Date: July 20, 2006

By: Kellvin Chavez
    Source: El Mayimbe

Yo! El Mayimbe here with un gran bochinche! A MAJOR SCOOP! For months, gossip has been circulating who would play The Joker in the next Batman Begins sequel. It's definite that the next sequel will concentrate on The Joker and they're already throwing names around such as Steve Buscemi - Robin Williams - Lachy Hulme -Alexis Denisof – and Mark Hamill.
    We were first to tell the world that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman. Now here we are at it again as we just got word from A VERY TRUSTED SOURCE that the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the Batman Begins Sequel! As Ari Gold on HBO'S Entourage would say: Heath Mother****in' Brokeback The Joker Ledger!

Stay further tuned to Latinoreview as this story further develops.

Hasta el proximo capitulo...

YO SOY EL MAYIMBE!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=736

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

first!

Brokeback Batman Begins

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

There was talk of Jake Gyllenhall as Harvey Dent/Two Face at one time. Brokebat Mountain...

These guys are pretty good with scoops, they were ahead of the curve also in reporting that Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow and Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some odd reason I just don't think Heath Ledger is that good an actor

Rocket River

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I hope I'm wrong but I think its a mistake to do a Joker/Batman movie again. It is going to be tough to live up to Jack.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I like Heath Ledger as an actor(in the right role, at least), but I really can't see him as the Joker. First of all, he's a few inches too short for the role. Secondly, I've never seen him display in any of his films the ability to portray the manic, over-the-top insanity that is the Joker.

About the only thing dude would have going for him in the role is his receding hairline.

7. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Don't forget, he's got a pretty wide mouth too... They can make one heck of a maniacal smile outta that porthole.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they'll figure it out. they're doing this series really well.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Oh, he's got the Joker grin nailed, that's for sure. But the rest of his face(especially his nose) doesn't look like any version of the Joker I've ever seen in the comics, TV shows, or movies.

Still, I trust Chris Nolan. I can't think of any poor casting choices made in Batman Begins. Katie Holmes was the weakest, and my issues with that character had more to do with scripting than acting. He couldn't have done better with the villains though as Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul and Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow were perfect.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Heath Ledger? well, i trust Nolan but i can't possibly fathom Ledger as the Joker.

11. Master Baiter

I know what you are saying but its only been one movie. It difficult for me to think that they are doing the series well when we only have one movie.

I hope they pull it off because I do think that it has potential.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How perfect would Steve Buscemi be for this role??? I mean reallY!?

13. MadMax

i misspoke...i shouldn't have said series. substitute story for series.

14. Master Baiter

No, not really. I think they want something serious.

I think I could see Jude Law pulling it off.

15. MadMax

buscemi would be a better riddler if it ever came to that. i could see him doing a great job with that role.

wow, jude law would be great. that's a good idea!

16. steddinotayto

Jude Law would be pretty good but c'mon "something serious"? It's the freakin Joker. I hope Nolan isn't going to try to spin the Joker's story into some sob story with emotional pull.

17. Master Baiter

You can have a serious movie without it being a sob story. I see the Joker as being cold, calculating, and without conscience. It's not a ha ha smile on his face but snear. He gets enjoyment out of hurting and killing others. Doing it with a condescending, menacing smile on his face is just another twist of the knife.

18. steddinotayto

I'm not trying to argue with you Master because I do like what Nolan's done with the Batman franchise and I agree that Jude does have that Joker look to him and I am sure anything he does with it from here on out will be great, but I just have a hard time seeing Joker more than what he was in the comics --a crazy homicidal killer. He didn't have calculated moves. He just killed for the sake of enjoyment. I mean I don't want a campy 70s joker, but I'm not looking for a Joker that I could be sympathizing with either. Because c'mon, he killed Robin! :( :( :D

19. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

dang how many batman movies are they gonna make?

20. Master Baiter

Perhaps we are both looking for something different ;)