1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO TV] True Detective Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 9, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny they named their kid Lucy, wouldn't have done that.

[​IMG]

#161 daywalker02, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is just sad that the one thing that kept Wayne going ended and he had none of that. (Other than him sorting things out with Henry, Becca and Roland.)

Also the ending where he is seen tracking something and disappeares in a cave of some sort.

Some of the audience at least wanted to see Hoyt, Mr. June answer for their actions.

It would have been good to see Amelia's death or her getting a funeral. Harrellson and McConaughey also never made a cameo.

mtbrays likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Since we know nothing sinister or case related contributed to Amelia’s death, the actual cause isn’t important. She just needed to not be around in present day to advance Hayes story the way they did.

I like the way they tied it up. A little too much Hayes and Amelia relationship stuff in the finale but we pretty much got everything we needed.

Great season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the one gripe is that the last two episodes had an info dump of significant story elements being explained while sitting at a table.

B-Bob and daywalker02 like this.
  5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Definitely understand the frustration with that.

It just feels weird that a case that ruined so many lives and careers was "solved" with a 5 minute conversation. And the "twist" (which was painfully obvious for anyone actually paying attention) was revealed by a "ghost" and a book accidentally opening to the correct page.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Really good story to watch. Sometimes simple and believable is just as enjoyable as complicated and unbelievable.

whiskeyred, daywalker02 and Dgn1 like this.
  7. Purvis's shorts

I thought the finale was weak.

I wanted to get my mind blown and it was a letdown. They could have had the one eyed guy explain everything episodes ago. Also, he didnt age much from 1990 when he interrupted Amelia's speech till 2015.

Rox11 and cwebbster like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Enjoyed the finale well enough. Wasn't expecting some grand reveal or vast conspiracy. Just thought it was a well told ending.

whiskeyred and Dgn1 like this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It sucks for Roland not to get 100% complete closure because of Hays' condition at the end.

Edit: Maybe Hays' son follows up and Roland gets filled in later. Well never know.

#169 donkeypunch, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Sorta wanted something to wow me. Okay season.

Really wasn’t interested at all in Amelia and her story whatsoever. Not much was there anyway.

astros123 likes this.
  11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Black don’t crack.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Amelia helped us understand Wayne Hays, she played her part.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Just watched it over the past 2 weeks. Either I appreciated it more than the general consensus, or I just misread the general consensus, because I thought it was phenomenal and possibly the best show I’ve watched in the past year or so.

I mean, I guess it wasn’t as good as season 1, but it’s pretty comparable. And to be honest, I think I actually liked the characters more in season 3. And maybe that’s the difference, season 3 was more character driven.

fallenphoenix and BigM like this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Most people I’ve talked to have loved it. Not sure if I like the characters more than season 1, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought it was pretty great. Still does not hold a candle to season 1 though. Which is maybe my single favorite single season of TV. If not top 3 for sure.

Kruze10 likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mostly agree. Loved it.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally was able to watch this show over the past week. I think that if you're reading the thread at this date there's no point in spoilers so I won't bother. I was a little disappointed that the final conclusion, that the whole occult/child sex ring/angry closet gay guys thing was just a series of misdirections. I did like the show overall and it was a nice recovery from S2. The acting was GREAT and the story really did wrap up well despite my personal disappointment. At it's heart this is a hard-boiled detective mystery series and not every story has to be about some Illuminati/Sex Devil cult thing.

I really didn't mind that we didn't see or even had to have our hands held for some offscreen deaths like Amelia and Hoyt passing away. Hays is old, and those other people died. It happens. I could have used a little more action, because I personally just like action.

Solid A, probably won't watch again but would recommend.

Kruze10 likes this.
  18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

If anything, this is a step in the right direction. I agree about season 1. One of my absolute favorite single seasons of TV ever, on any show.