1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Max] Raised by Wolves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I have. My point is, they are more like immortal super-powered humans than artificial intelligence.

Which is less interesting.

2. dmoneybangbang

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Limewire?

Is that still a thing?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And now I have to watch this show.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sure....And Kazaa. Try it.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

AOL Chat for me.

I think IRC distros are still alive. Probably some hipster geek's vinyl for all this sharing talk.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Newsgroups are still a viable source.

But in 2020 you can just Google ‘stream
    Raised by wolves’ and find a source.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Ah, I don't want to mislead you on the show. It's different from the story line I described. That came from me. The show inspired it is all just because in the show there's atheist androids who are trying to parent human children through rational thinking. It just made me think of a hypothetical situation where a rational minded android witnesses something that defies explanation and goes through exhaustive efforts to find a rational explanation for it but is unable. In the story line in my head, the android's pursuit of truth leads to discoveries of unknown physics that would figure out what dark matter and dark energy are and leads to new technological innovations that benefit humanity on Earth.

The android would upgrade it's own hardware architecture along with every new discovery it makes gaining deeper insights into the universe but still unable to find the ever elusive rational explanation to the miracle it witnessed. Eventually it discovers things like a multiverse but still unable to find a rational explanation to that one miracle. It even discovers ways to converse with other copies of itself in other multiverses to see if they found something that could explain the miracle all androids across the multiverse witnessed. They meticulously go through each other's research to find anything that could clue them in but still nothing. Humanity would use every new discovery this androids finds to make it easier to colonize other solar systems in the Milky Way and beyond. Humanity would continually evolve into a better version of itself as well lasting as long as the age of the universe, avoiding extinction thanks to the discoveries of the android's constant pursuit of truth. I picture humanity continuing to evolve trillions of years later in the age of the universe to the point that they would be able to live on black holes as that's all that will eventually remain until eventually they too evaporate. I picture the android still around to witness the heat death of the universe, along with itself, satisfied spending it's last conscious moments thinking how it discovered all knowledge in the universe except that one elusive miracle and that it's constant pursuit of truth lead it to survive until the very end. Almost a gratitude that it never did find a rational explanation to the miracle because it lead to discovering so much more.

All that said, even though it's an entirely different story line, I do still strongly recommend the show.

Invisible Fan, jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

I missed your first post but then saw the followups. That's some deep non-Facebook type thinkin' there, boy.

You should check out the Bobiverse books. Bob is a tech CEO that pays to get his head frozen when he dies. He wakes up ~200 years later and the current super-religious government has stuck his consciousness in a self replicating Von Neuman probe but he has no rights because he's technically a copy of a dead person and they don't see him as having a soul.

The series follows Bob and his 'copies' as they expand outward exploring the galaxy. Not the AI metaphysical you describe but an interesting premise that matches some of your other points.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a recurring theme in sci fi about how would robots / androids deal with issues that go beyond empirically based observation and logic. I think Blade Runner 2049 touches on that idea. I haven't seen all of Star Trek Picard but I think it deals with that too. Star Trek The Motion Picture main premise was an AI coming to the limits of its understanding of the physical universe and wanting to evolve beyond that.

I haven't seen more of Raised by Wolves since the first episode but I'll check it out.

London'sBurning likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you read Asimov's Robot and Foundation Series? One of the themes of the later books is the relationship of robots and humans in regard to how human advancement is either shaped or degraded by using robots.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been known to dable on those sites, I thought they were swept away when they cracked down.

13. Xerobull

I was joking, bro. Google 'stream raised by wolves' and you'll find a site. Just do it on your ipad or android tablet.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You need to right that script, I would watch the hell out of that.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Doh!

You got me, hey pirates bay is still a thing so I did not know.

Kazaa should have been a tell.:oops:

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

https://tinyzonetv.to/

I've been catching up with a bunch of shows here.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My N****

Xerobull and KingCheetah like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That part with the boulders exploding looked like something out of a Monty pythons movies lol.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.