1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Max] Raised by Wolves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Aug 6, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its really good

tmoney1101, tinman and Xerobull like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the art style and effects
    Retro sci fi

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

First episode amazing and feels like an entire movie. A+

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm not sure. First episode looked good. Felt pretty good. But the three leads feel a little robotic after three episodes ( the 3 family members) and the Religious leaders aren't compelling either. The most interesting character so far is the religious group leader. Not the father, but the leader. He's carrying his scenes. The religious kid could be very interesting. but neither has had any screen time.

They do a good job of contrasting the robots with real children, and the humans with robot children. But not sure I'm invested in the rest of it. Need something more. Some of it feels a little whiney. It's dragging.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched the first three over the weekend, damn it's a trippy show. I really enjoyed the set up and world building, really didn't expect what's revealed at the end of the first episode...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Only watched the first episode.... felt like a short story at the end of the first episode but clearly there's more. Can't wait to watch the next two.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hope people don't this confused with Dances with Wolves

Xerobull likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Episode 2 was great.

Loved the flashbacks to war-torn earth.

I also like the whole crusader vibe with armor and clear shields the Church of Sol or whatever it’s called is going for. Reminds me of an 80’s cheese movie.

CometsWin and GRENDEL like this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism

Though I'm guessing its some new-age-y version, since Mithrism has been dead for 1500 years and secrecy was one of its core tenants.

10. Buck Turgidson

Really like the 1st episode, someday in the future it'll be worth my while to subscribe for a couple of months and catch up on this and others, whatever I want to rewatch or can't get on regular HBO.

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Finished ep 2. Kinda meh on the series so far in terms of hype (~6.5).

Loose questions like why they aren't using tech from their space ships yet are perfectly fine cheating with robot death rays and meaty boom boom voice cannons boggles me monkey mind.

Definitely interesting but I'd rather watch this all at once with the way the show has been paced.

boomboom likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Q: What did the male magnet say to the female magnet?

tinman likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lelz. Travis Fimmel.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I was thinking about that when watching the first episode. I haven't watched any of the other episodes but I could see how they could base it on the original Mithraic religion including the secret ceremonies. They could tie into a religious secret led to the original war and how other religious secrets are driving the survivors.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing that is I find mind blowing about this show is that Kepler 22b is about 600 light years from Earth. I don't think this is spoiler but it sounds like they don't have faster than light travel so at the minimum it would take 600 years to reach the planet. That means that the Earth has been dead for centuries by the times the events of the show happen.

Also so far while Kepler 22b appears to be in the habitable zone of it's star it also appears to be 2.5 times the size of Earth.
    Since the Atheist mission used embryos with children developing in the heavier gravity they might have a distinct advantage over the people from the Mithraic mission who came from Earth in stasis chambers trying to adapt to the heavier gravity. I wonder if that will be a plot point that Campion is physically stronger than the Mithraics.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I could do without Mother screeching the whole time as a main weapon.

17. Buck Turgidson

Yeah so the first guys she spit on and it melted their faces, right? Then her screams make people explode into goo. Makes me glad she doesn't have genitalia, not sure I could handle what that would do.

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I mean, she seems overpowered as hell and when she got into the Heaven Arc, she screeched like 10 times in that hallway. There was one screech for every guard when one wouldve sufficed, cause in a later episode she takes out multiple enemies.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There are many things mind blowing about this show...literally

Why junk a perfectly good spaceship? Why didn't she fly it into the sun or something instead of ******** where you eat?

Hopefully the killer robot faction(s?) is as interesting a backstory for them to shroud in mystery. Mom n Pop want luddite purity for humankind despite being robots with insane firepower. Maybe their Creator's John Connor...

#39 Invisible Fan, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    rocketsjudoka likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

:D

Ridley Scott knows his androids.

iphone left the chat.