1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Chernobyl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, May 9, 2019.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I will only ask that you never speak ill of anything remotely related to the television series titled as Mad Men. On this, there can be no debate. Good day, sir.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I loved the show. I lacked appreciation for the fine job that Harris did. My fault... not Mad Men's.

MadMax likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Even when he's in bad movies he's good.

bobrek likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

From everything I've read, a steam explosion was entirely impossible given the Chernobyl circumstances, reactor layout and the way coronium there would've reacted.

5. CrazyJoeDavola

Then why, at the time, did they risk sending 3 men in there to drain the pools? That actually happened. The series did not make that part up.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

To tell Russia's side of the story, the country's Culture Ministry has allocated $500,000 in funding for its own production which lays the blame with the U.S.

Director Alexei Muradov said: "One theory holds that Americans had infiltrated the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and many historians do not deny that, on the day of the explosion, an agent of the enemy's intelligence services was present at the station," The Moscow Times reported.

_______

I'm sure there are inaccuracies in the series but they ruin many of their grievances with the above.

7. CrazyJoeDavola

https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-real-story-of-the-chernobyl-divers

8. Buck Turgidson

9. CrazyJoeDavola

Yes they did. Only 20 years later did it come out that they survived their mission. Everyone just assumed they died after and the lack of news from the USSR at the time slowed the truth from getting out. Dudes were major league heros

Buck Turgidson likes this.