1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Hayes' Blog] November 19th Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Nov 19, 2007.

1. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Hayes_Blog-239185-34.html

November 19, 2007
    Pregame Routine

I've had the same pregame routine ever since I came into the NBA.

Before the game, I always listen to R&B. I'll be listening to that when I'm driving to Toyota Center. If we're on the road, I'll put on my iPod when we're on the bus heading over to the arena. I got to be relaxed and cool.

When I get to the game, I go shoot. I do some pick-and-roll stuff and some dribble hand-off stuff. After that, I'm always finishing with 300 jump ropes. I got 100 with both feet, 50 on the left, 50 on the right and then another 100 alternating. Once I'm done with that, I take off my shoes and let my feet relax.

During the national anthem, I always talk to my cousin. My cousin passed away when he was 14 years old. We were really close. His dream was to play in the league so I'm always talking to him during the intros.

After the intros are done, I get nervous. I'm nervous before every game.

I started doing this routine when I got to the NBA. I never did it at Kentucky. Back then, I was just having fun. But here, I'm living the dream where I got to remember where I came from and where it all started.

Thanksgiving Plans

I've got my whole family coming into town for Thanksgiving. My Mom has already got the meal planned out for us. I'm really looking forward to it.

The meal is going to be huge. Honestly, I'll probably have leftovers for the next month. I just got to find a place to put it in the fridge.

I should be able to play against the Miami Heat on Friday after eating all that stuff. Honestly, it's really good that we're leaving Thursday because I would probably eat all day Thursday and Friday before the game. It would have been tough to play.

Beer or Water?

When I got to the locker room on Saturday night, there was a leak above my locker. I don't know if it was water or beer dripping on me. Last year, I had beer dripping on me. When you have beer dripping on your clothes, that's a bad thing. It's only a good thing to have beer dripping from the ceiling when you got some of the guys over to watch a football game.

New Uncle

I just became an uncle. My sister gave birth to a baby girl -- Shemya Alexandria Lacey. It's been a great year for my mother. She's got two grand babies. One grandson. And one granddaughter. She's looking forward to being a grandmother. She's going to spoil her kids and as soon as they get all fussy and cranky, she's going to hand them back over to me and my sister.