1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever seen a movie as a kid, and didn't like it...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Oct 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...or didn't understand it, but now appreciate it and like it after several years. I guess I can think of one recently for me: Mutiny on the Bounty with Mel gibson and Anthony Hopkins. I first saw as a kid, and was completely lost with it. Recently saw it from beginning to end and it so much clearer, I actually liked it.

Anyone with similar stories?

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Well... I have the more common opposite epiphany.

When I was a kid I thought that Bolero was this sensual intellectual film about female liberation. I convinced my wife to watch it with me a few years ago... and I realized it was just a vehicle for Bo's breasts... and my wife gave me hell for 3 mos.

3. treeman

treeman Member

I thought Close Encounters of the Third Kind was boring when I was a kid - only 10 minutes or so of aliens and spaceships. Now I understand the rest of the movie...

Kids aren't real big on drama, unless aliens are flying around shooting people and being overly dramatic.

4. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Top Gun.....

ok.. just kidding... Definitely true w/ Casa Blanca for me.. Just didn't want to deal w/ b&w as a youngster...

Anyone see Cloak & Dagger as a kid (or an adult)? My buddy and I both remember really liking that movie as kids and we're thinking about renting it to see if we still would dig it, but we're a little apprehensive that it might be a little too childish for our tastes now that we're adults.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I can think of one that I liked as a kid, but REALLY liked as an adult (although, I was a college adult....so I might have been under RockHEAD's influance)

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

6. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Willy Wonka freaked me out as a kid! Too wierd of a dream for me...
    Lawrence of Arabia, fell asleep as a kid, as a so-called adult I am just overwhelmed with its perfection in that square called a screen that is...exhausting!