1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone here had a family member with an addiction problem? advice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Thefabman, May 28, 2012.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This is rather personal, wont go entirely into specifics but sometimes you just need a community of strangers you trust to bounce off of and find ideas.

I'll use the cliffnotes version to avoid any tl;dr

My brother and sisters and I all were pretty much raised with the houston mentality, mess up and get our ass whooped. We all experimented with drugs, nothing bad, nothing lasting, just regular growing up.

My parents became well off through a business they started and moved to a nice place in alabama and my sister was raised completely opposite of us. Her friends are them keeping up with the kardashian parents dont care types. Come to find out she's been living a doubleish life, stealing **** for money, weed, coke, pills, acid...she came clean and i was happy because its big for someone to just admit they have a problem and also the **** that people die on over there is shooting up and she said she never did. She went to rehab and got out a few weeks ago and has been saying all the right things, my parents caught her a few nights ago sneaking in, high out of her mind, called the police, the whole nine. They took her phone and one of her drug dealer friends called her phone while my mom had it and told her he had a clean needle and to sneak out. Ive had friends die from needles, Im in houston, needless to say, when i get to alabama, the drug dealer accident rate is going to go up, but thats another story entirely.

Shes only 17, im advocating sending her to bootcamp to strip her of everything and teach her to appreciate what she has, mainly family bc shes pushing us away and taking her friends side.

I feel shes close to an edge where we lose her forever if we dont do something and seeing as how shes 17, now is the time. Once she turns 18, we cant do anything.

If you read and have been through anything like this, advice would be much appreciated.

If tl;dr and you wanna put a funny picture or some ****, i can appreciate that too, could use a good laugh.

inb4 this video
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ee925OTFBCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Paging heypartneeer

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Can you post of picture of her? Is she single??

4. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically, it's got to come from her. Provide her with as much love as you can, for she must love herself in order to take the steps to beating addiction. I wouldn't suggest boot camp.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

She will sell your organs for drugs, boi.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

From my personal experience with cousins who did drugs, once you're a druggie, you're forever a druggie. The only way you can sober up for good is if you move (far away) from your environment and friends. Start somewhere fresh.

One cousin of mine even moved to another country so his friends couldn't find him.