1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anybody ever dunked on Shaq? A full posterized facial?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cipherous, Feb 25, 2003.

1. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

Didn't Dream have 5 fouls at the time too? I am not sure if that was the case but everytime it comes up I just say he did;) !

2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Yes, the Hakeem block on Strickland was one of the most incredible blocks ever. Strickland caught the ball going full speed the other way and I have no clue to this day how Hakeem blocked that shot. Even better was the camera angle on the play as Hakeem literally comes out of nooooowhere to swat the ball out of bounds, surprising everyone watching the game, including the announcers.

3. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

yes, he did. so he knew the refs weren't going to call a foul on him again. ;)

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I like that dunk but i think the best dunk has to be Vince Carter over Weis in the olympics. I didn't get to see it when it first happened.. My friend told me that Vince actually jumped over the guy but I didn't believe him. And if I did I would think that the player was on the ground or something. But come time when I saw the highlight.. That dunk just had to be the best without a doubt even though it wasn't over Shaq.:cool:

5. karesk

karesk Member

I think I am making a fool of myself by asking this question but who is KJ?

6. carayip

carayip Member

Kevin Johnson. Former Suns point guard. Short but very athletic. Steve Francis-like.

7. karesk

karesk Member

Thanks Carayip.

8. slinslin

slinslin Member

Please no isults.

9. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Insults towards who....KJ or Steve?
    I wish Steve had KJ's mid-range game.

10. drapg

drapg Member

In a 2000 interview with a basketball publication Shaq stated that Derrick Coleman, Tim Perry, Jordan, and Elton Brand were the only four to have dunked "with authority" on him.

11. STT414

STT414 New Member

last year in a warrior/laker game, jason richardson leaped by kobe, then dunked it on shaq's head. i loved it.

12. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I gotta agree KJ is just like a shorter Francis or Francis a taller KJ. The little dude could dunk hard on just about anyone and had the attitude to do it. He was pretty strong too, too bad he decided to pick up Charles Barkley after a victory and hurt his back prematurely. And besides the steady mid range jumper I also wish Francis would pick up KJ's passing skills too.

13. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

KJ was 1 of few PG that can dunk with authority and in people's face. His dunk over Hakeem was awesome even if he used the left arm to push off a little.
    Was it the same game that he went 20-20 FT, missed the 21st and the Rockets won by 1 or 2?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It was a great play, one of the best dunks I've ever seen and Hakeem is of course my favorite player of all time. Its not like it won the game, if you remember, the game was already over, Hakeem was laughing, and besides, little KJ has posterized a few centers in his time, including Mark Eaton. When he dunked on Eaton, it looked like he was climbing a mountain.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

come on man, different game? try a different year. That was from the 1st championship, the 20 for 20 game was game 7 of the semis for the second championship.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Actually, the KJ dunk was in the Playoffs. I'm not sure which year, but I do have the tape (I wanna say 1995 championship run).

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually, 1994, I can't believe you so called fans can't remember this. 1994 game 4 in the Valley of the Sun, after Rockets complete their comeback, after blowing 2 20pt leads at home, going to their court and winning 2 straight. I remember where I was for game 3, Friday night, studying for a Final in Austin, Sunday game 4, when the dunk happened, back home in Houston for the summer. Every Rocket fan should know this, it was after the two games that led to the infamous "Choke City" headline.

18. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I'm hoping that Yao Ming does what he did to Ben Wallace to Shaq next time!!!

Once he plays a guy a few times, he gets comfortable enough to take it hard inside. He had a couple of strong moves in SA, and against Indiana and Detroit. He has played Wallace in Houston, the World Championships and it the All-Star Game.

I think after the shock wear off of Shaq and his size, Yao will learn how to beat him. If we remember, Dream and 6'10-11 outplayed Shaq by using smarts and skill, not force.

I think that is why Vlade seems to do the best job with Shaq, because he is smart and plays to Shaq's weaknesses.

The Yao Dunk was nice over Wallace, but the best dunk i've ever seen in my life was the Freddie Weiss dunk and the Vince Carter reverse double pump over Rick Smits two years ago!! My God!! I just didn't know a human could do that.