1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anybody ever dunked on Shaq? A full posterized facial?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cipherous, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

I don't ever remember one.

2. dn1282

dn1282 Member

i would think shaq is too smart to get in the way when he sees a huge dunk coming. Yao tries to go for everything and so he gets posterized everytime.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Of course he's been dunked on, I doubt there are any well known players who haven't been posterized at least once.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Derrick Coleman had a nice one on him back in the day.

I'm not joking.

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

Shaq isnt a true shot blocker, or he wont really challenge people like Dream, Zo, or ming does now, He is a good weak side shot blocker though. Thats why you never see him get dunked on, he just gets out of the way.

Still I would like to see it just because he acts like a little woman and wont challenge people. Thats why Zo, Dream, ming, and Mutumbo are dunked on, they dont let people bring it in thier house.

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That's very true. I like the KJ dunk over Hakeem. Instant Classic, or the Vince OVER Weis dunk.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You LIKED this dunk? How could you like a dunk which posterized the greatest Rocket of all time?

8. Asian Sensation

How about the block Hakeem had on KJ back in the day? KJ thought he had a fast break dunk and all of a sudden you see Akeem running out of nowhere legs long and quick arms flappin everywhere and blocked KJ so hard he fell straight on his a$$

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How can you not like the dunk? Even though he posterized the Dream with it, its beauty cannot be denied.

10. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Now you're talking! Best block I've ever seen.

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Best block I saw of Hakeem was when he raced back to block Rod Strickland at the end of Game 2 of the 1994 West First Round. That game was stil in doubt when Dream made that block.

Plus, Hakeem's block on KJ happened in a regular season game, not in the playoffs as many would like to think.

12. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

That was a similar block, but wasn't it a bad pass by Hakeem at half court that gave the ball away? Takes a bit of the sheen off.

Anyway, it's the look on KJ's face that makes that block for me. That, and the fact I never could stay him.

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

YES!!!! I LOVE THAT BLOCK!!

Strickland was going in for the fast break all alone... and so he thought he was alone... As Strickland was strolling down The Summit basketball court, along came a shadow and WHAM! The Dream swatted the shot away sending the ball into the crowd! NOW THATS A BLOCK :D

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the strickland block is ridiculous because hakeem threw it away and rod catches it going fast the other way at halfcourt and hakeem has to turn around and then catch a guard with only half a court to do it and he does and swats it into the stands. oh man. i think i actually had to hear it on the radio because the playoff game was on ppv (or somehow i couldn't see it) and gene was just going crazy. then i saw it and understood.

the kj block was just pure surprise and hustle, something you may never see again from a center.

hakeem was a badass.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Antisonic is right,Shaq was posterized by Coleman many years ago.

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Who gives a damn if it can or can't be denied? I don't love everything that has beauty...especially if it makes my favorite basektball player (at the time) look bad. I'd say it is pretty easy to not like that dunk, as a Rockets fan.

17. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

bah, no edit...

Nevermind about the dunk. I can see how someone would like it as a dunk...I just hate to see it because it was a posterization of my favorite player. There is really no reason to argue over it.

18. IVFL

IVFL Member

Yeah it was a nice dunk, it was an even better push off by KJ. If you watch the replay KJ uses his forearm on dreams shoulder to elevate himself higher. pretty weak in my book. Dream had to help him get that dunk :)

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, that off-hand on the shoulder trick was one of Dream's favorites too. He'd use it for blocks, rebounds, shots, dunks, everything. :)

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Of course, most people conveniently forget that the Suns LOST that game where KJ dunked on Hakeem...