1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden won't play for Doc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, May 15, 2023.

1. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, who would want to play for Doc at this point? You’d have to be a fool

Doc should be fired and never get another HC job again

most game 7 losses in coaching history…most blown 3-1 and 3-2 leads

I have never seen a team and coaching staff milk more out of 1 championship than the 08 Boston Celtics

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yup, it's everyone else's fault but Harden's...every year...

4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

What did that 08 Celtics team due before Doc? Also you heard no issues with Doc in Philly before Harden got there. Yall wanna bring this dude around Ime and our youngsters? Houston need to shut the door on his ass. This is not about strategy. This is about a hard ass coach he doesn't wanna deal with. He rather have a pushover like D'antoni that won't preach defense or push his guys.

Believe It!, Ankara1923 and RKREBORN like this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Rivers wont be back. I just dont see it. I think it’s fine to allocate some blame to James for game six and seven but I also just thought of the execution was not great when it needed to be they moved away from their bread and butter and I still don’t understand why.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think this actually recommends Harden's IQ lol

Again, I'm ambivalent/undecided about bringing Harden back, somewhat depends on the asking price, but I don't view this as a red flag.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

What did the 08 Celtics do before KG and Ray Allen got there is the actual question.

because before that it was a game 7 loss in the 1st round and 2 lottery appearances in the 3 seasons with Doc

no problems…yeah, Ben Simmons didn’t exist…Sixers didn’t blow a 30 point lead in game 5 at home and then lose game 7 at home to the Hawks with Doc…he should’ve been fired right then and there

Since when is Doc a hard ass? Kawhi and PG did whatever they wanted, so did Harden and Embiid. He literally let Harden go to Vegas…

8. maj21

maj21 Member

Harden always got some kind of problem with a coach or teammate. Rafael, please do not give him a 4 year max

Jags, rocketchamp, GotGame15 and 6 others like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Breh - Doc is not a good coach. Has been terrible at adjustments for years

He owns all the L stats for playoff losses for a reason. He’s coached many HOF players and multiple on each team but has records for the worst failures in playoffs history lol

BigShasta, Joe Rocket, BamBam and 5 others like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** Harden he is done.....we don't need that mess around these young guys.

DD

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Doc only got 1 ring out of the first legit big 3 in the NBA … Prime KG, Pierce and Allen. 3 stars that perfectly complimented each other.

Bruh

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've been calling Doc Rivers a bum since he started coaching the Clippers.

He's a bum coach.....throws his players under the bus while sucking

tycoonchip likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm fine not dealing with hardens baggage here.

I hope he joins a super team as third wheel. Always interesting to watch, then remark how unlucky they are.

Team chemistry seems to be a real thing...

14. a time to chill

Harden said after yesterday's emabarrassment that he still wants to compete...despite failing to compete in games 6 and 7.

Y'all really think he'd be OK coming to Houston to mentor the youngins? If he comes, he's going to expect Stone to make trades to build a team around him. This dude is a diva and takes no accountability. It's the main reason he hasn't won a championship.

csnerd84, daywalker02 and RoyalGuard like this.
  15. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

I really doubt Harden wants him gone due to x' and o's.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think if he wants to come back at like $25 mil a year I'd be cool with that. Any more and I'm not on board. He isn't going to play for just $25M when he can get $35M.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

I can't be the only one who needs something more substantive than a Ramona Shelburne rumor to believe this is anything more than OP exercising an agenda.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I.D.I.O.T.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What pull can the OP possibly have to exercise an agenda? Man, too many people posting about "agendas" and "narratives" around here, like anyone outside of this community gives AF.

20. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Who gives a crap who he wants to play or who he doesn’t want to play for. Harden and doc rivers are career losers. Doc Rivers luck out with the Celtics. The guy resume is just like harden resume. Both known losers. A sorry azz coach and a lazy bum that has been known to stink every playoffs when it matters. It’s always his teammates and not him. Yes I know the fake mvp this year didn’t show much either but he had so many teammates and haven’t done crap. I knew not to expect much in the game 7 against Boston. I turn my alarm on to catch a glimpse of the game. Just like what I expected. One of his classic playoff performances.