1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden 2018... still a doubter???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

If the refs blow the whistle even a couple times for us in both game 6 and game 7, this thread would not exist as we would still be playing, and it would be in large part due to James Harden. I for one am extremely grateful to have him. Everybody should, but people don't seem to understand just how good he is, and how much teams game plan to stop him at all costs

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

difference between Harden and CP3 is that when CP3 was out there was at least a little bit of hope that Harden could win game 6 or 7...there was hope that he could pull a 40+ point game out his ass and will us to victory against 4 all stars and Adam Silver

if Harden had gone down and it was just CP3 out there, there would’ve been absolutely no hope

HP3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Valid points .... but those are on the coaching staff and not the players . Players wanna play .

Also , **** KD . He knows a whole lot about coasting

4. Asian Sensation

Not defending Lin but we were a Lin; steal, assist and Daniels game winner away from likely getting swept or out in 5.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

6. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

He got ****ed by the refs. He watched durant get phantom touch calls when he b****ed for them and he couldn't get 3 free throws when Bell bulldozed him. NBA is ****ed and all the narratives are bullshit. It's fake entertainment.

Pbev99 likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lin blew a game bro, he had the ball and the lead and got ripped. Lillard hasn't done squat in the playoffs since 2014. Harden is head and shoulders above those guys.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Question. Did Harden have zero turnovers on that game?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed, the coaching staff needs to find ways to lower his usage and get him easier baskets...his ISO and dribbling ability is impressive, but he really doesn’t get any easy buckets...he still has to work too hard and expand too much energy to score

Harden could also do more cutting, running in transition, and get himself in position to get more spot up looks from three...he could also try to get a few post touches here and there...he used to do all that stuff his 1st couple of years here

and yeah, fck KD forever

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No.

Question: Who are we trading Harden for?

11. Asian Sensation

You dont know that man. That’s another misconception by Harden fanboys. Harden shot 41% between games 6 and 7. The same percentage he shot all playoffs so it wasn’t some anomaly. CP3 shot 46%. That’s a big difference.

More importantly Harden had 14 turnovers between game 6 and 7 alone. 14. Paul in comparison had only 28 total over the course of all 15 playoff games he played in.

Furthermore, how can you have ‘Hope’ in Harden but not in Paul? You know... CP3 the guy who actually did show up in an elimination game with a 40+ point game and will us to win against the Jazz and close out the series while Harden looked like he was trying to throw the game.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no offense that's just not fair to this team to make that statement. CP3 had just as many subpar games the entire playoffs, including the Golden State series, he was bricking just as much as Harden.

The reason we were up 3-2 wasn't because of any single person, it was because we had a cohesive defensive scheme that completely threw off the Warrior's offense, (and our own). The offense was just CP and Harden taking turn iso'ing and they built a castle with their bricks.

I don't know why you keep complaining about Harden. At this point both me and you know exactly how he plays and how he performs in the playoffs vs the regular season. He has never really turned super hero in a deciding playoffs game, and it's probably never going to happen as his athleticism continues to decline.

I had a problem with Harden in the past because he sulks a lot in games when it doesn't go his way, especially on defense. I think he has matured a lot this playoffs, he shows he can play in a defensive oriented team where he can't be hidden and makes hustle plays all over when his shots aren't falling, and we were going all the way to the chip until CP3 gets injured. Harden is clearly not ever going to be able to handle the offense all by himself, he simply has too many flaws in his game to become this so called MVP player in the playoffs. But we know he can share the spotlight with another ball handler, so curb your expectations of Harden individually and good things will come next year.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

What were CP3’s percentages in that Warriors series in the 5 games with Harden? I’ll wait...

Actually, since you’re so confused I’ll just post them. He was shooting 41% from the field and had gone 5-16 and 6-19 in 2 of the last 3 games.

Harden’s turnover numbers spiked because he was the only reliable creator and now had to be the full-time PG and #1 option. The refs also allowed GS to be overly physical.

This is the problem with fools who wanted to trade Harden for Lillard or Buddy Hield. Please don’t ever compare what CP3 went up against in game 5 against Utah to what we would’ve faced against GS with no Harden. CP3 can’t carry that load by himself which is exactly why he decided to come down to Houston...

14. rocketseagles07

If y’all are cool with hardens efficiency keep that same energy with Westbrook..

Love beard, love what he’s done for the team, he’s not the same guy in the playoffs. I do respect him bustin his ass on defense, and I do think that hurt his offense a little

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I know both players sucked offensively.

That’s kind of my point when I note they were CP3 alpha wins. They were tough defense grind it out wins.

16. JayZ750

??

If I made that bet then I would have won it already.

17. JayZ750

That they didn’t blow the whistle is part of the point. It wasn’t just two games. He goes to the line less in the playoffs. This isn’t surprising.

He is a foul baiter. Even though they’re real fouls. He’s still baiting.

The GSW get away with a ton of ****... but they do so smartly. Body fouls that are hard to call. Moving forward screens that are repetitive and often overlooked.

Swinging wildly intense three point shot isn’t going to get you a foul call every time. Even if it’s really a foul.

18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Fatique matters brah, the golden p*****s been chilling on the bench for basically the 2nd half all season long due to blowouts while harden and cp3 been ran to the ground thx to pringles no matter its a blowout or close game.

Real life aint video game where you can disable fatigue.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

That's a joke really right? So u are openly admitting you think Paul is a better player, do I have that right?

20. JayZ750

CP3 played 59 games. Harden 72. Both rested a lot towards the end of the season.

The rest argument is silly. It’s what they’re paid to do like everyone else in the nba now and before them.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.