1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden 2018... still a doubter???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Jun 4, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

mavsprick

you doubt gsw is indeed a superduper team as well?

2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Stop speaking truth on here bruh, you might get banned

3. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Idk you OP but you sir are a true fan

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd actually venture on the side of too flashy. ISO fancy dribbling and step backs and all. They're somewhat necessary for him though because he doesn't have Lebron or KDs physical gifts, or Steph's shooting gifts, etc.

And again, to be clear, this isn't about hating on a dude or complaining, its just about presenting the facts.

This is a sport where only a VERY select few go on to have Hakeem-esque legacies.

I WANT that for Harden.

Am I the only one that notices the obvious which is Harden's performance goes way down on the whole in the playoffs relative to his regular seasons?? Am I the only one that wants that to be not true?? Guess so...

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

This thread has nothing to do with GSW. Quit deflecting. Stay on topic.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Just read the sig....

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol mavsprick running away like the coward that he is. Bet you never played basketball

8. Fantasma Negro

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Lebron by himself couldn't even take a game off the Warriors, what do you expect Harden to do?

Patience and Zergling like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

TLDR Version - Harden is not the perfect player playing perfectly at the perfect time and took his team single
    handedly to a championship .. . so I don't think he can do anything and I feel this is a good time to take a
    dump on him in a backhanded compliment kind of way

I think I got about the jist of it

Rocket River

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Stupid Harden.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol... well I'm certainly not comparing Harden to Lebron and don't think anyone else is either.

That said... you brought him up... you're not implying that Harden played as well in the playoffs as Lebron?? Or even close?? Are you??

Not sure why this thread was bumped, since my position is clear and obvious and basically fact and stat based at this point... but since it has...

Do you think Harden played up to his regular season MVP caliber play in the playoffs?
    Do you think Harden was the most important Rocket against the Warriors?
    Is your goal to win a championship or be happy that we had a regular season MVP player?
    Do you think if someone criticizes a player its rude or mean or something??

I'm just observing what actually happened on the court. There's absolutely no question the Rockets sucked balls outside of Harden and CP3, so when Paul went down they were pretty much screwed. There were also 16 other playoff games, lol.

There's also absolutely no question that Harden was really really good in the playoffs, but also took a much more than hoped for step backwards relative to his regular season... AGAIN. He shot over 10 threes a game at under 30% for the second year a row in the playoffs. I've pointed to all the other stats, and the eye test stuff (dribble, dribble)... but think this volume/% ratio is so important for Harden because like many great guards these days, the three point stuff opens up the rest of his game offensively.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

As someone who has been a serious doubter, I'm no longer a doubter. But, I still don't think he has played
    well enough in tight, late-game, playoff situations. I give him all the credit in the world though, for becoming a much better leader and decision maker last year. Those were the biggest areas of weakness for me.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this is the last hurrah of Harden's prime. Sad we might not end up with a championship at the end of it all. Under any other circumstance, with that team, we would be hoisting the trophy, but GS is just unfair.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People only focus on one end
    I think Harden's defense was superior . .. a PLUS this year
    I think that aided his shooting woes
    I think we were Two injuries away from the championship . . .even with bias officiating

CP3 does not go down . . .we are not having this conversation

Rocket River