1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hampton, Pierre.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by franchise?..NOT, Oct 6, 2002.

1. franchise?..NOT

I heard that the Hampton, Pierre for Hidalgo rumor heated up this week. Of course with Doggie asking for a trade you would expect this. Has anyone heard anything new or substantila about this. Supposedly Hampton would eat some money to make it happen.
    ????????????????

2. milo

milo Member

Where did you hear it was heating up?

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

Peter Gammons is reporting Colorado may trade Pierre to Texas for 3B Hank Blalock.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What a steal it would be for Col...

Is Tex giving up on Blalock already? I know they have Texiera, but I thought he'd be play 1B, with Blalock at 3B.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree...if this is true, then Texas has gone insane. It's WAY too early to give up on Blalock, a guy who many considered to be the best hitting prospect out there before this last season.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think it's important to point out that Gammons is often full of crap. He may be right on this...but I take what he says with several grains of salt.

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Texas would be willing to trade Blalock? Can we get in on that? Would they even think about Hidalgo?? How about a young pitcher for him??

We could platoon Ensberg and Blalock at 3B until one of the supposed "3Bs of the Future" leaps ahead of the other. :D

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think Texas may be satisfied with a Perry/Lamb platoon. I would have liked this trade a year ago, but Pierre seemed to regress this year.

9. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

I came this close to posting a response like "what would this do for our team chemistry if hampy came back?" when i realized that the team didn't have any chemistry last year anyway. Chemistry is important in team sports. Look at the Angels. Look at the Twins. Look at St. Louis. Look at Barry Bonds. Without some small chemistry lab in the middle of nowhere where would he be? CHEMISTRY!

10. Timing

Timing Member

I thought they were going to try Blalock at second base. I'd be shocked if they traded him but there have been rumors about him being traded in the past. I think Toronto was the team involved in Blalock rumors during Spring Training.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Mookie Blalock plays 2B now? :D :cool: :p