1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gruden signs 5 year deal with Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Timing, Feb 18, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Al is far from the best owner ever.

He will never be able to get a coach worth a damn because he ends up pissing them all off.

Even Joe Bugel would reject the Raiduhs.

This is the 1 move that Al has made that I agree with.

However, it should not have come down to this, Gruden should have been re-signed last year.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHA....we just raped the Bucs. 10 picks in the first two round in the next three years.

Rumor has it Parcell was seen around the bay area....HAHAHAHAHAHA...use that 8 million we got to hire him. That'd just be too funny.

Al is still the MAN...check out the press conference too...some serious smack and memorable lines.

The Raider offseason just got more interesting

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

kidrock - why would Jon Gruden stay on a team with maybe 7 players drafted after 1995? That Team will be reduced to nothing by 2003. Al Davis did what was best for Jon Gruden and The Oakland Raiders by letting him go and getting some draft picks.

Parcells? I wouldn't think Parcells would put up with anything Davis does so that would be very interesting indeed if Parcells would sign there. The Raiders will be good this year.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The raiders just raped the bucs. I don't think any coach is worth that much.

It would be hilarious if Parcells joined with the raiders, but I don't see that happening. Wonder who their next coach will be.

5. haven

haven Member

No coach has that much of an effect on a team. I'm a firm believer that a coach can lose... but when he's doing his job, the team is simply playing as it should.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have just heard a very interesting insider report, According to this : The Bucs had Mooch in the works and the 49ers where going to have Donohue coach for one year and then sign Gruden. Davis said, Ill trade Gruden to The Bucs any day over The Whiners.

Report #2 is that The Bucs offered 2 first rounders a 2nd rounder and John Lynch but the Raiders declined, The Raiders then Accepted a deal with the Picks and cash, But there is a kicker... Next Tuesday Bill Parcells will be announced as the Coach of the Oakland Raiders

7. JAG

JAG Member

Faulk was traded for Edgerrin James

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

9. JAG

JAG Member

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Faulk was traded to the Rams before the 1999 Draft. Therefore, they couldn't have been traded for each other.

Also, the Rams used their #6 overall pick that year on Torry Holt.

12. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

moe

If Parcells comes here that would be awesome! I hope report #2 has some
    truth to it.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I really think Parcells is done with coaching.

Parcells would be the last guy in the world who would coach for Al.

Talk about clash of egos.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You know, I wish people would stop thinking of Al Davis as a criminal mastermind. he made a couple of bad moves like running Marcus Allen out of town and axing Shanahan. The guy is not some old, senile, control freak who is confined to his bedroom, He has one of the greatest football minds of all time and has done more to help the Game of football then people give him credit for. Bottom line is Al Davis' motto is "Just win baby" and he knows Parcells somehow knows how to make teams win. The Odd Couple in Oakland . Man, The NFL is gonna rock next season.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hate to burst your bubble, moe, but it doesn't look like Parcells is who the players want:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1336141.html

Looks like the Bill Callahan era is about to get under way!

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

bah, The Players Don't run the show, Callahan is a fine Offensive Co. But we need someone who can These Players fired up like Gruden

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I don't think the Raiduhs needs a motivating type guy, since they are an old team who know they should go out and bust their asses off.

I think some kind of defensive minded coach (Marvin Lewis?) should be hired.

The Oak D was crappy last year.