1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greta Thunberg threatens to kill Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump puts a hit on Greta, or at least gets Putin to do it for him.

2. Buck Turgidson

Yes you would be.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I sometimes wonder if the Sweet Lou moniker isn't the polar opposite of the New Yorker moniker on purpose with the real you being much more in the middle but enjoying the reactions to your nutty post. I find it likely both monikers are a case of Poe's Law.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Demos are so f*cking spineless
    I am beginning to think they are complicit

Rocket River

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

After he survives impeachment he will evenMore believe he can get away with anything. And he will be embolden to act.

Trump is about to take it to the next level

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Can't say I disagree. I'm happy for Thunberg to do her thing, but from what I've heard from her I think she doesn't really understand how enormous and difficult are the issues that got us into this climate change predicament, what things we've done and are doing to get out, and how much it's really going to cost us in suffering and travail to finish the job. Which is as it should be because she is just a teenager without a whole lot of life experience. I see that her participation has been galvanizing for some people, especially the young (like my children). But for me, a cynical old man who has been thinking about the world's problems longer than she's been alive, it's not doing anything. It's the green version of Ok Boomer.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

trump is no different than the dictators he idolizes. Of course you can’t see it or you choose to ignore it because you don’t care. Whatever it is he is a dangerous threat to this country if you care about democracy at all

8. cml750

cml750 Member

[​IMG]

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I fear you might be correct.

Andre0087 and da_juice like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Assuming he gets reelected, why would he not?

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Its really sad that people are scaring young people and a 16 year old girl is scared that the world is ending unless they
    change their ways. How can people scare their children to thinking if they ride in a car, or eat a steak they are killing
    the world?? Many young women don't want to have children on this basis. What a disgusting action to tell to our youth.
    Reminds of the people over history like the Eugenics movement that loved to control others and always focused on the population growth as the problem of humanity not recognizing the dynamism within humankind.

Climate zealots claim the world is ending based on our evil sins and the heat will rise on earth and make
    it uninhabitable. Sounds like the new Medieval Catholic church!

Religion or a morality greater than oneself seems to be a culturally needed human trait. As people left conventional religion they
    have found this new religion.

I try to avoid superstitions in either manner.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Avoiding superstitions is great. Sticking to science is the best method. We know what science says about climate change.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A little bit. People in power don't like young activist leaders unless they're farmed raised Hitler Youth or Club Disney spawn.

Another issue is the underlying platforms of coexistence and cooperation exposes a fragile underbelly that goes against the "me first, money is always right culture." After all, we've worked hard and sacrifice our valuable time in it. We deserve it.

It's why Republicans plead and whine about "winners and losers" when they're not in power persecuted, then greedily loot the public welfare when it's their turn to drive. Like little kids in a divorce power struggle, it's just the right strings to pull at that particular time.

RayRay10, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As an old-ish person (admittedly not quite a boomer) as far as I'm concerned, OK Boomer is pretty damn on point.

There's a reason that scientists and mathematicians who do revolutionary work tend to do so before the age of 50.

#35 Ottomaton, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah, you will be long dead, before anything real wrt climate change is done.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is some kind of rant. Scared to have children because of climate change? That’s something else all right.

The science and the hard evidence already seen is clear that we should have a little bit of fear about our lifestyles needing to change to affect our children’s lives in the near future.

Trump supporters already have hard evidence that they are fearful of climate change they just don’t realize that it’s climate change that’s at the center of what’s causing their fear to materialize.

EX: migration from Honduras and Guatamala to the US is substantially due to several seasons of drought with the farmers being heavily impacted and bringing more poverty to the region which then brings in more criminal enterprise and then forces migration to safer places with better resources for families and workers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino...rmers-face-choice-pray-rain-or-leave-n1027346

Even Trump voters carry the fears of Climate Change with them that liberals do too they just don’t realize how climate is affecting what they are afraid of and blame some other ancillary reason like drug cartels or just blame liberals who don’t think a wall built through Big Bend and the desert in Arizona is a smart idea.

So yeah... it’s worthy of being afraid of and the chances are you are likely already carrying a healthy amount of fear with you based on the hard evidence we already see even if you don’t blame it on plastic straws or your F150 at the moment which I get but we got to all at least agree it’s a BIG F-ing problem.

#37 dobro1229, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    quikkag and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

he will and before the election. once acquired he has the green light to work with Putin and anyone else to help him win in 2020. With the senate backing him he is untouchable.

this is why folks well argued for impeachment were wrong. @rocketsjudoka do you still feel impeachment is worth it if it leads to the subversion of democracy? it’s almost a guarantee that trump will work with Russia to win election? Or They can openly bring in a third party candidate to siphon off democratic votes and work with trumps campaign. Trump now has no restraints. He is even closer to being able to declare emergency powers.

he has turned the opposition into an enemy. He has turned the press into an enemy. He is playing from the right wing dictators playbook. Another term of trump will be the end of democracy.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

@Rocketman1981 believes that higher level science education is a waste. I remember having that discussion with him. He believes the only worthy endeavor in life is entrepreneurship.

Anyways this is who I imagine @Rocketman1981 to be in real life:

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The average age of Nobel winners in science has been climbing. It used to be scientists were making breakthrough discoveries at a young age back when we were learning to control fire and roll things along the ground. Now it is very unusual to get a science Nobel under the age of 40. The low-hanging fruit has all been plucked, the remaining mysteries are much more complicated, and much more work needs to be done to achieve them.

https://www.lindau-nobel.org/geniuses-are-getting-older/

quikkag likes this.