1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green Day vs. The Offspring

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arkoe, Jan 23, 2011.

Tags:
?

Green Day or The Offspring?

1. Green Day

32 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. The Offspring

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

We had the Green Day vs. Weezer thread a while back and while reading it I was thinking that the better question to me was Green Day or The Offspring. Not to discount Weezer in any way, I just find Green Day and The Offspring to be more similar.

Decided to wait a couple of weeks so that this thread wasn't up at the same time as the other. Was driving around today and heard Gone Away and thought about how I always mistakenly think it's a Green Day song, so figured it had been a couple of weeks and that I would start the thread.

I probably give it to Green Day by a smidge.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Which one sucks the least? I guess Green Day.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Dexter from Offspring is as smart as they come, for musicians and anyone. Too bad it doesn't always come through in their music. No matter the content, annoying voice will always be a turnoff.

Offspring "keeps it real" staying closer to punk sound than Green Day. Green Day "sold out" but definitely has more range.

I have left a concert when Offspring was about to perform without wanting to watch them. Green Day by default.

4. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Both suck. Get better taste in music please.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'll take Green Day's songs with the Offspring's singer.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Offspring. Their stuff is funny.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Neither one of these bands are my cup of tea although there was a time that I liked them. I would have probably voted The Offspring 10 years ago but that was then and this is now, so I am going with Green Day.

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Great game, really enjoyed how the picture in my new plasma tv went out in the 4th quarter of the game and i got to listen to joe buck not inform me of what was going on in the game.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

hahaha, i thought it said Green Bay vs. The Offspring, I've never heaerd of The offspring, so I thought it was some weird nickname you had for the Bears haha.

like green day except good riddance

10. The Boz

The Boz Member

Offspring by a smidge. A very minute smidge.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dexter is kinda fly for a white guy.

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Green Day has gotten crappier and crappier. Offspring still plays some fast songs at least. If you listen to punk music at all then you would never choose Green Day. Green Day is anti-government but is turning that whole cd into a musical and that its beyond the definition of selling out. If you listen to old Offspring and old Green Day, Offspring was badass.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I like Green Day better when they aren't being Green Day, can't remember the last time I cared about The Offspring.

Jesse Malin + Green Day= Rodeo Queens

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uwDJ36bEL00" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

The Offspring rulz!!!!

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know a lot about either but with Offspring I keep thinking about "Get A Job" and "Pretty Fly," so I'd just say Green Day.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'd rather listen to Oasis.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would want to listen to Ignition more than anything else either band did. I remember liking their earlier self-titled album back in the day but only remember two songs from it off of my head.

So I guess I pick The Offspring for output 1993 and earlier and neither for 1993 and later.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Green Day took punk rock and made it more mainstream and accessible to people who never could absorb punk before. I don't know anything about the other band. So, gotta go with Green Day.

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Green Day's Dookie is still one of the most nostalgic records for me ever, since it was one of my most listened to albums in my "formative years." Offspring had some singles I liked, but I don't remember liking a whole album.