1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So... Is this the appropriate time to take a knee that right is always trying to tell us about?

The people recording should have started singing the national anthem, could have saved the man's life.

Eric Riley, Nook, AleksandarN and 6 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sorry about that. Corrected.

JuanValdez likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

That's why I said this will go federal. It's not just the actions of the 2 cops, which are reprehensible (charged with murder and...negligent homicide? dunno), it's a reflection on their training and superior officers, etc....

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Anonymous cops on administrative leave so they can scrub all their social media/emails and their buddies “investigating” can gin up dirt on the murder victim and leak it to the media. Same story as usual.

Eric Riley, Nook, AleksandarN and 4 others like this.
  5. CallMeTheDream

That piece of **** deserves to be killed in the exact same manner

Fulgore and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Serious question to ask you guys. If we are all witnessing a murder of another human right in front of our eyes, what should we do? I’m ex military and I have always supported the good cops, in this case it is a clear homicide however you want to call it. If I was there, I would have pleaded with them not to kill him, and if that does not seem to work like we saw in the video, I would have started something risky like, find a willing participant in the crowd and we’ll start a staged fight. The purpose is to get real close to that homicidal cop and hopefully he will let go and that man does not have to die. What would you do?

7. Buck Turgidson

When did this happen? I don't want to watch that video ever again.

eta: they can't scrub it to where the Feds can't find it.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no training that tells you to put a knee on the neck, none.

And the officer was looking at him the entire time and did not let up even after he passed out, IMO he enjoyed it and did not give a dam.

At no point did that officer on his neck look distressed.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not particularly brave but I don't think I could have stood there and watched him still on that guys neck after he was passed out, I just don't know.

The telling part was that his partner just let him continue to do it which says alot about the culture of that police dept.

10. MexAmercnMoose

i know this this sounds selfish, but as a brown man thats been treated like **** before by cops, nothing....i'd probably get shot...i'm playing the long game here

Eric Riley, pahiyas, Nook and 5 others like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is why they kneel.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"The officer on Floyd’s neck does not lift his knee until medical personnel arrive and carry him to an ambulance."

Not sure why they're not arrested yet

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No way to know until you're in that situation. Can't imagine how I'd react, honestly.

JayGoogle and generalthade_03 like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if it's been answered already, but when did the 2 cops call for backup?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't think it's been answered. My guess would be a procedural thing.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

At no point on the video we have did they call in? No ambulance, no cops?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#MAGA

Because racism doesn't exist and he deserved it for breaking the law. We just need to wait before we start hearing the narrative about how this was a bad hombre.

Eric Riley likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Crazily enough, if the bystanders went to do CPR and such, you'd think that both of the cops would have started cuffing/arresting them...and the actual suspect might have lived.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The staged fight is a really interesting idea @generalthade_03. I worry I wouldn't come up with something creative like that quickly enough. But I think I'd have to do something, even calling 911 over and over and saying I'm literally witnessing a homicide at this location. I don't think a crowd bum-rushing armed cops would have worked well. It might have saved the one life and cost more other lives.

It seems like pleading and logic just made the murdering cop feel more threatened, like "they think I don't know what I'm doing! I'll show them! I'm in control here!"

Maybe we can stay united on this case at least and even if we couldn't save this poor man's life, we can get a glimpse of the good in one another for a day or two.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only thing they could have done is called 911 and reported that a man was choking to death to get an EMT out there who the police would unlikely interfere with.

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.