1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] T-Mac Tries Again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Garner, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Garner

Garner Member

2. arjun

arjun Member

i have no complaints with tmacs time here in houston (till perhaps the end but i understand what he went through)

he played hard, he led our team, and was very unselfish..team first attitude. gladly gave the torch to Yao but still played at an elite level.

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  4. yo

yo Contributing Member

T-Mac getting a (*) ring only solidifies his legacy as a loser. In a business where it would be very easy to blame injuries for poor performance, very few players do it. It's almost as if there's some understanding among athletes not to do it. T-Mac, however, never hesitated to use injuries as an excuse for poor play and ultimately, as a means to quit on the Rockets.

He was always full of excuses and couldn't hide his ego. His one attempt to shoulder responsibility ("It's on me") turned into a sarcastic "Oh, It's my fault."

Hope he doesn't celebrate too hard should the Spurs pull it off tonight.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed Yo. I think it is fitting that he will have a ring from a team where he literally did nothing but sit on the bench and cheerlead. It will be appropriate because for years he will be mocked on ESPN, TNT, etc. when people talk about superstars without a ring and someone says McGrady. The other host will say "He got one in San Antonio!" and there will be a laugh with someone saying "That don't count!"

6. k-money

k-money Member

how could duncan have joined him in orlando?

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Aw poor Tracy, boo freaking hoo. The guy didn't give his all and he knows it, the quote about how he wants people to remember him is very telling. It's all about scoring with him and this showed in the playoffs. In Toronto he was mainly an awesome defender, blocked shots, rebounded and got steals. When he saw he could score, he went away from playing defense. He even admitted this that he perceived himself to be a good offensive player and earlier in his career a defensive player.

You can say he didn't have the talent, but great players make players around him better. He didn't do that, he didn't even TRY to make them better. He simply saw that he was much better and other teams had better role player so I will do it myself. He didn't need to, he could've tried to trust his team mates. Some people believe he needed to do everything and that is just false. T-mac can blame himself for the burden of having to do it all, nobody else. Him winning a ring by doing nothing sums up his career.

Very sad though.. I get angry whenever I think about how much he blew by not working hard. He had the natural ability to become the best yet he never took advantage. Tracy is like that person who tries to tell people "he didn't ask for it" to use as a cop out for not doing your best in what you are good at.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good for T-Mac. I'm no longer bitter about his fallout with the Rockets. I think he is delusional, but I would never hate on a guy for riding the bench at the end of his career for a shot at the title. Barkley recently said he'd be a team's towel boy if it meant he could get a ring.

When he was a free agent. I was pumped for it to happen at the time.

Can you imagine T-Mac/Duncan vs Kobe/Shaq in the Finals? That could have been some good sheeyet.

9. k-money

k-money Member

what year was this? did timmy and SAS not agree on a contract or something?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Part of a recent article on it from the Orlando Sentinel

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow, that's some crazy recruiting right there. They just signed 2 of the 3 possible, can Leslie do the same? ;)

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy is just like the TOFs!!! What a perfect match for player and his fans!

13. k-money

k-money Member

would rep but must spread rep first

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac owns. he's one of the greatest rockets ever. i'm grateful for the opportunity to watch him suit up for us.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Loved him until he quit on the team in the toronto game and screwed us at the trade deadline

16. haydenfisher342

imo, tracy has earned it. I mean is superior performance throughout the playoffs only solidifies hes earned the ring, the crown, and HOF. I would even go as far to say if they are going to try for one more after this one, tracy has got to sign on the dotted line....10 mill 1 year.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lol no one is paying mcgrady 10 million

18. haydenfisher342

*insert not sure if serious meme*

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This ring is pretty meaningless for him

20. Raven

Raven Member

All a ring will do is remove him off a trivia question list.

Legacy boost? Ha ha ha ha, uh, no.