1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gotta give major props to Cuban

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Thanks for making my point. Like I said he is a fan. Read my post again before you make idiotic comments. If I claim the guy is a huge fan that happens to own the team what makes you think he would not practice with the players. You are a fan of the Rockets right? Would you not love to practice with them. Thanks for playing...

2. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Gimme a break. I would much rather have our owner/GM combo than Cuban. He has made several bad moves over the years (let Nash go, traded Tyson Chandler, just to name a few). If Lebron didn't choke in the finals, the Mavs never would have won a title. Now he's just trying to save face by defending his decisions including the fact that he failed to get Howard. How did he expect to get Howard with that aging, untalented roster? If he was such a great owner/GM he would have had a more attractive team to entice Howard to sign (Like we did). Cuban is an overrated owner. Just because he yells at refs people think he's great and passionate. Gimme a break.

3. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

You're and idiot. So the Mavs only wont a title because Lebron Choked? Your a joke, Dirk played out of his freaking mind and was the best player in the playoffs that year by far. Lebron met a defensive scheme he just could not figure out. The mavs had 7 different defensive schemes they would throw at Lebron so he never got into the flow of things. Lebron got outplayed and Carlisle's coaching defensively had just as much to do with the win as Dirk playing the way he did.

4. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Bla bla bla. Lebron choked, get over it

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LOL...Cuban faking a nap during a blowout, hope he's napping often next season...:grin:

6. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

LOL. Stick a fork in the Mavs, they're done. And then Cuban said that Dirk can still be MVP. Lol. What a joke. He's not only an overrated owner, but he's also delusional. He'll be lucky to average 17 and 6. Mavs are done, Spurs are not too far behind them, and it's about to be ROCKETS TIME IN TEXAS!

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL @ you thinking someone else is making an idiotic comment. The problem with Cuban is that he is an owner first. His goofy clumsy ass practicing with the team could potentially injure one of his players. If you have ever played basketball in your life you would know playing against people who don't know how to play is an easy way to get hurt.

Dirk had to go to Cuban in the past and tell him to stop his sideline (fan) antics because it was hurting the team.

8. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Closet Mav fan alert......

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I want my owner to spend money. Cuban has spend 150 mil in luxury taxes. Les has paid 700k.

10. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

You want your owner to spend money wisely.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know how you feel but what does he have to show for it?
    Les has 2rings and Cuban has 1ring...Houston>>>Dallas!!!...:grin:

12. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Not a closet Mavs fan at all. Have made it very clear in the past that I am a Mavs fan. I have no attachment to the rockets at all other then I am an overall fan of the NBA.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Les fired Steve Patterson who built most of the championship teams. Cuban basically built the mavs by taking on terrible contracts like Juan Howard and being willing to eat them to get other assets.

I hate the mavs, but I would like a owner who is willing to spend money.

14. Granville

Granville Member

I don't think that Cuban is capable of being a hands off owner and that's a reason his team sucks now.

15. Granville

Granville Member

I don't know if you can say that. When Kubiak came onboard McNair gave David Carr another year hoping Kubiak could help him. That didn't work out and they moved on to Schaub.

I don't think any of us know how the scenario that you described would play out. If it was as you described, I think McNair would fire him. As far as the QB situation goes, it would depend on how well Schaub played. The 9-7 record could have been due to a horrible defense....

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Whether you like Cuban or not, he did turn that sorry franchise around. The Mavericks were like the Pelicans or the Kings before Cuban took over.

He made his share of mistakes. He's an arrogant punk at times. But he's a FAN the foremost. It can't be said about most sports owners. Fans of other teams may find him annoying. But if you were a fan of his team, you'd love an owner like him.

17. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Well said

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Cuban is a Douche. Problem is he is someone else's douche. I would love to have cuban like person as Houston's Rockets owner as long as he let a man like Morey or any truly qualified GM do their job. Sometimes having an owner that's overly hands on isn't that great. After all the big names and superstars and insane contracts the man has only won one championship.... That says alot... Unlimited funds is great but you gotta know how to distribute it. Dwight said it best when he said you can't just throw a group pf big names together and expect it to work. He's absolutely right.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep. Cuban got lucky Chandler signing panned out, otherwise he'd be like James Dolan.

20. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Les = 2 titles, Cuban = 1 title; Therefore, Les>Cuban. Simple math.