1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gotta give major props to Cuban

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 12, 2011.

1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Sad to have to say this..but so true.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure about that?

[​IMG]

This is a houston board right?
    alexander did trade and acquire pippen, barkley, drexler,mcgrady,martin right? Oh wait it only counts if it happened today or yesterday.
    we did win 2 championships right?
    dallas did win because of a fortunate #9 pick right? or you're going to minimize the dirk pick? :rolleyes:

THIS DALLAS LOVE IS NOT AS MUCH DEPRESSING AS IT IS SAD(and factually wrong )...

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

either one ..it speaks volumes..
    I would say the latter is worse..
    HE MADE MORE ELSEWHERE BECAUSE CUBAN WAS TOO CHEAP TO PAY

Why is that so hard to accept cuban fellaters?

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Dude, I freaking HATE Dallas. I've been pretty clear about that.

The rest of your post is nonsense and completely unresponsive to my point. Alexander inherited a franchise ready to roll....Cuban built one from crap. To give Alexander credit for winning rings and not give Cuban credit for his is just absurd.

1 person likes this.
  5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Agree with every point. There are many Cuban and Mavs fans on this board, because they are another Texas team.

Cuban waived Finley to avoid the luxury tax and practically gave him to the Spurs, who ended up knocking them out later and winning another ring. The Mavs might have knocked out the Spurs and won the ring in 2007, if you took Finley away from the Spurs and put him on the Mavs. Extra points in series would have made a big difference in the outcome.

1 person likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cuban definitely earned major props for this season with the additions he made to the team. He earns more props for indicating he is going to pay for the parade in Dallas as he doesn't want that bill going to the city. Also, bringing in the original Mavs owner to share in the triumph and hoist the trophy initially was a class act. He also showed some maturity by basically staying out of the media the whole race and just letting the team make their run.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

to not give alexander credit for at least the 2nd championship is absurd? who was it that traded for drexler? umm I think his name is alexander. right? or I'm just absurd?

and what did cuban build without a fortunate number 9? how can you reconcile the fact that he traded/let walk away steve nash?

Nonsensical ? Unresponsive? What about that guy in my post you quoted holding up 2 MVPS? Whos fault was that ? alexander?

You go on and on about how obvious this or that about ming or that I am unresponsive yet you wont address one of the biggest F-ups in NBA history in not paying nash?

I kinda agree with you about ming but do not here.. the fact of the matter is without dirk and a lucky number 9 pick (pushed by don nelson) the 2nd best pickup is caron butler or jason kidd?

do you have amnesia and dont think that pippen, barkley, drexler were not that good of pickups?

Thanks for jumping on the fellating bandwagon of myths and fantasma... you have officially entered the douche side, and should jump in your daihatsu and go join the rest dallas dbags of the frosted tip 30K millionaires living the lie that is

kidd ,butler stoyavich > drexler,mcgrady, barkley

MY GAWD

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ok, dude, you need to calm down. And talk business.

You actually didn't answer my question.

Dirk makes 17. Yao makes 17. Hold on, that is just the ANNUAL salary.

We're talking about CONTRACTS here. Not yearly salary. CONTRACTS. Keyword, CONTRACTS.

So you're not going to provide me the answers to the 2nd and 3rd biggest contracts on each team?

Yao's deal expires this year. Dirk's, Terry's, Haywood's, Marion's, Kidd's. You aren't going to mention them are you. That's right. You just goes on about Barkley and Drexler.

Hey dude, wanna get real for once? Which decade was Drexler and Barkley? This decade? Last decade? No? Yes? Oh oops, I forgot it was 3 decades back. Wow. I guess you are going to say Drexler is a better player than LeBron. Hey, its 2011. No one cares about 1994 right now. By that argument Jordan is still the best player right now. :eek:

He traded away 2 time MVP Steve Nash. WHO @q$@%@ CARES?????? IF YOU TRADE AWAY LEBRON JAMES AND WON A CHAMPIONSHIP, IS THAT BAD? EH?

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Btw, I am very impressed with your wonderful insults. No really, you truly did a magnificent job with your kind words towards me. I am really deeply hurt and scarred. I totally look up to your class and posture, man, I even decided to ask Clutch what it is about your post that makes it so magnificent. So I just pressed Report and see if he can teach me your Shakespearean ways.

I am crying in my mom's lap right now.

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

So Cuban knew Dirk will be a superstar ten years ago when he bought the team?

Having the defenseless Nash in the team, the Mavs will never win a championship that for sure. In fact Wade will drop 40 points a game against Nash!

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

thanks I was beginning to think this was a dallas board. With all the 12 year olds here it's no surprise to see a lack of any pride in what houston, rockets, alexander has done, and only look at what the media , and east coast pundits tell everyone to think... Im sure if lady gaga started supporting the rockets...

it's sad to see it manifest so quickly.. I frankly thought we were better than that..... I just have to keep reminding myself 'they are only 12 years old, they are only 12, its okay they are only 12'

12. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

First off, Morey's the GM of the Houston Rockets. That comes with atleast some accountability

When I look at how Dallas's roster including coach, there a complete team of BASKETBALL players. Morey has assembled a team around a flawed concept of "moneyball". Then you fired a fantastic coach and replaced him with a unqualified coach who's role will be to play figurehead. Instead of attracting key free agents, Morey spends his days paying his PR team to write misleading articles about how good we really are. It's clear Cuban and Donnie Walsh KNOW BASKETBALL and Morey only knows numbers (just like his fans). C

Comparing Dallas & Houston starts with GM. If your GM doesnt know basketball, then how terrible his basketball decisions have been

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

So everyone who agrees with you is awesome and everyone who disagrees with you is 12.

Yep, that's gotta be right. Keep tellin' yourself that.

;)

14. roksoer

roksoer Member

it's funny how in the eyes of some people here at clutchfans, we have the best owner, the best gm, the best coaches and the best players but that championship keeps avoiding us for some reason

15. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Well said. Anytime someone brings up something 3 decades ago, they've lost all credibility

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you are funny for a 12 year old.
    Im not interested in your lemonade stand or fundraiser for your middle school.

thanks for 'outing' yourself as a cuban fellater while saying that trading away a 2 time MVP doesnt mean anything.

you might be too young to remember this guy but I wanted to say-

[​IMG]

17. tested911

tested911 Member

I have always given Cuban mad props for the past 7 years.. He is willing to take a gamble and more importantly "OPEN" up his wallet for the better of the team.. SHOUTING at you LES...

I wanted Cuban to buy the Astros... Can you imagine Cuban with a baseball team..

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah and anytime someone brings up how great cuban is but forgets about

[​IMG]

is credible?

because if it didnt happen in the last 2 year or on blues clues then it never happened !

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I really don't see how Nash is relevant. The fact is the Nash era in Dallas yielded no real positive results. They couldn't get it done then. If Dallas had gotten Nash back, then there is no guarantee they would have won a championship. You pay Nash all the money he wanted...and it's less money for other players. You can't look back on stuff and say "oh...well...if they would have re-signed Nash...then they would have won the championship sooner". That is bunk bs talk. The fact is you have no idea what would have happened had Nash re-signed. It could have been two stars and not enough supporting cast then.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I have no reason to celebrate his success. I'm not a Mavs fan and don't care for the City of Dallas. Sure, I'll congratulate him, but celebrate his success? Why?