1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Got my black belt in jiujitsu last week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by robbie380, Jun 10, 2023.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I mostly do jiujitsu/grappling without the gi but we still give out belts. It still is strange to me that I got one but if the guys at the gym thought I deserved it then I do. There’s still so much to improve on and it’s hard keeping up with 20 something year old guys since I’m 43 and on one ACL :D…but it’s a fun challenge.

Anyhow just felt like sharing

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey that’s actually you! Congrats

clos4life likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's awesome man. Congratulations.

Looking good for 43, you don't even have a beer gut lol I can't get rid of this ****. We ain't dead yet brother, someone gotta show these young bucks they aren't on the top of the mountain yet!

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's cray I just got my black belt too
    [​IMG]

Congrats, I now want to see you and @rocketsjudoka fight

robbie380 likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats man!! Shows some dedication

FrontRunner likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

beefing posters

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I stopped by a local jiujitsu training center thinking that it might be something I would like to get into. When I peaked in the back though the guys looked like they were trying to kill one another. I very quickly and quietly left.

Looking back, it was probably a test. One that I failed miserably. :oops:

8. Buck Turgidson

Awesome, that's a hell of a lot of dedication!

I'll put my green belt w/ blue stripe from tae kwon do in 1987 against your grapple and tackle black belt any day.

You also don't seem to have nearly enough women in your dojo

B-Bob likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congratulations! Sounds like you put in a lot of work so well deserved.

And it’s true that getting your black belt is a very important stage but it’s only one stage. Keep on learning and keep on improving.

robbie380 and Xerobull like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Boy. BJJ black belts are one of the hardest to get. Congrats!

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Congrats! I've never done it but my daughter does BJJ. She's pretty good for 7. It's expensive as hell though - moreso than the team sports or ballet we've done. I assume it's expensive throughout adulthood, too?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Grats! That’s dedication.

13. CrazyJoeDavola

Congrats!

10 years is much better than 20:

[​IMG]

When do you do your final Kata Forms?

Seriously congrats. I can't stick with something for 10 minutes, much less 10 years so you are a far better person than I.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

That's cool congrats man.

15. Buck Turgidson

ChatBot is proud of you too

Our protagonist was born and raised in Texas, where they had an active childhood playing multiple sports. Although they enjoyed team sports, they always felt drawn to individual activities that allowed for more self-expression and independence.

When they were 12 years old, their parents signed them up for karate classes, which sparked their lifelong passion for martial arts.Throughout their teenage years, our protagonist continued studying different forms of martial arts, including kickboxing, taekwondo, and Muay Thai. However, they didn't discover Jiu-Jitsu until their mid-twenties when they began training at a local gym. They quickly fell in love with Jiu-Jitsu's focus on leverage, technique, and strategy over pure strength and athleticism.

Despite balancing a full-time job and a family, our protagonist diligently trained in Jiu-Jitsu for over a decade, working their way up from white belt to black belt. Along the way, they competed in numerous tournaments, all while maintaining a respectful and humble attitude towards their opponents and training partners.

Now, at the age of 40, our protagonist has achieved the rare and prestigious rank of black belt in Jiu-Jitsu. They continue to train and compete, as well as teach classes to beginners and mentor younger members of their dojo. Their dedication and hard work have not only honed their physical ability but also shaped their character, making them a respected member of both the martial arts community and society as a whole.

clos4life likes this.