1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Got a Look at Eddie Griffin Today

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MManal, Dec 9, 2000.

1. MManal

MManal Member

Aside from a brief glimpse at the McDonald's game, I got a more extended look at Eddie Griffin today against Illinois. I still need to watch him more but despite a poor shooting night, Eddie definitely appeared to have really good talent.

Griffin is a 6-9 forward with extremely long arms (7-7 wingspan) that can play inside and outside. I was surprised at how well rounded his game is, Griffin can score from the low post and has range out to the 3 pt line. Griffin is the quick leaping type that gets off the ground in a hurry and gets very good elevation. His turnaround jumper in the post is basically impossible to block b/c he gets excellent elevation and has such long arms. Griffin is very active on the glass, and moves around the court well on defense. He is a very good help defender and shot blocker and runs the court very well.

Skills wise, Griffin could play either forward spot, but he needs to add more bulk to his slender frame if he is going to be a PF in the NBA. Its hard to tab an exact comparison to an NBA player b/c there really isnt anyone exactly like him; the closest I could get was someone like Rasheed Wallace b/c of his ability to play inside and outside, run the floor, elevate and his long, athletic frame. The reason you hear so many different names in comparison to him is b/c there really isnt anyone with a duplicate game.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Is he better off playing on a regular basis in college for a year or two versus the Miles decision to come out immediately and get spot minutes in the NBA?

Mango

------------------
    Lets get the Mo Go working!
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

3. Summer Song Giver

I don't know if this answers your question but Miles is richer [​IMG]

------------------
    The National Basketball Association obviously revolves directly around Bob Finn's Fantasy Basketball League!

4. MManal

MManal Member

My personal opinion on going out early is if you are a lottery pick, you should jump at the opportunity. I know this is not politically correct to say this but thats my true feeling. Coming out as a HS player tho, you need to be real careful and make sure you are as highly regarded as you think b/c HS players are where huge draft drops occur. Its a painful experience thinking you are a top 15 pick and dropping into the second round.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eddie Griffin - Went 7-28 or something against Illini but he is averaging like 7 blocks a game.

The two high schoolers , Curry and Tyrone something look like first rounders from what I've heard .

Jason Wiliams - whats up with this name? Playing awesome for Duke

Charlie Bell - Has the Spartans still looking good

Loren Woods - Guy can ball Triple doubles in college are rare because the big men have to get 10+ blocks because they dont pass .

------------------
    Where is my signature?

6. Live

Live Member

No doubt, Griffin is a talent.

Is he still growing? He looks taller than 6-9, that's for sure.

------------------
    "We make a lot, but we spend a lot." Patrick Ewing, alumnus, Georgetown University

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Can you say Kevin Garnett clone? He sounds like a KG... Good all-around offensive game, skinny, long arms... Can jump quickly...

Rockets need to do all they can to get Randolph, Battier or Griffin...

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

8. Live

Live Member

Is it me, or does Griffin look like he could be 'Reef's younger brother? They have the same body type and build, game, and hell, they even resemble a little.

------------------
    "ON-BEE-TAH-BULL!!", Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, alumnus, University of Houston

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My gut instinct tells me that rudy wont be picking a griffin or a randolph unless their games are just so unbelievable that he has to, or they are a great steal. Rudy likes players that have matured somewhat. Ive seen both griffin and randolph play and while they are amazing in the college level, it will take some time for them to mature on the nba level. I would certainyl still take them, but rudy usually strays away from those types of people.

Hed be more likley to take a woods, haywood, murphy, battier type player probably

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)