1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to the World Series...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Giant9erRocket, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

My wife and I just bought our plane/rangers tickets to the World Series.

I will be attending Game 4 and possibly Game 5.

What is there to do in Dallas that weekend?

Any highly recommended eating places?

Any good clubs/night life spots?

I'm really excited about this trip, and I hope the Giants sweep the Rangers.

2. Prince

Prince Member

good luck to you.

i'm also going to the world series of poker championship in Vegas ;).

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Goodie, I love these threads!

Things to do in Dallas?

You could shoot yourself.

Keep driving North to Oklahoma City.

Shoot yourself.

Shoot yourself.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Isn't there an In N Out in Dallas now?

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Hmmm, you might wanna find a find a nice bar to drink your pain away after the Rangers spank the Giants. :p

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dallas is a great town. You should have alot of fun.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

There's a lot of cocaine in Dallas, and that White House.

8. toby

toby Member

Wow, things to do in Oklahoma . . . that's a tough one . . .

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nope, none that I know of. The last I heard, the first ones won't open until sometime late next year. Garland will apparently have one of, if not the first, locations.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

TheAce-

DFW has a lot to offer... but...

You really need to qualify your statements.

-How old are you?
    -What do you consider fun? Dueling Pianos? Ecstasy fueled swinger orgies where you and your wife like to swap? Hip-hop clubs? Jazz? 20-something d-bag clubs where the music is too loud to have a good conversation and graphic tees that cost $80 are mandatory?
    -What are you willing to spend on a night out?

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Nothing to be honest with you :( :(

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

If you haven't already booked your hotel - stay in Ft. Worth. Theres a lot to do there.

Historic Stockyard section - daily cattle drives, Old steam Train, Old West feel. But the bars cater to the country-type. Very neat place to visit during the day, but too Cowboy for me to go at night (largest Country Bar in Texas is Billy Bobs - located here)

Sundance Square - At night, downtown FT Worth has free parking, good security, lots of places to eat and drink (flying saucer, deuling piano place, bars, clubs, 2 movie theatres, etc).

Cultural District - more pub-type places, less clubs - this is where I hang when I go out (Ye Olde Bush and Bull - lots of English, Irish, Scottish types and the locals bring their dogs). Great museums in this area..probably better than the ones in Dallas.

Ft. Worth Zoo - one of the top 10 zoos in the country.

If your college-aged, you can hang out near TCU, restaraunts, bars, etc south of the Zoo.

Dallas has:
    Deep Ellum (live music and clubs, been kind of sketchy the last few years with less-desirable types and more trouble - more panhandlers, gangs, etc)

Addison Circle - North of Dallas, restaurants and bars for the 30K millionaires

6th Floor Museum - Where Oswalt was perched when he shot Kennedy, very good thing to see...once (kind of depressing)

Arlington has:
    Six Flags (Fright Fest)
    Ripleys Believe it or not/ Wax Museum
    Cowboys Stadium - self guided tours - $17 a person - gets you in the locker rooms (Cowboys & Cheerleaders) on the field & in the stands.
    Careful - prostitutes and drug dealers abound in the area just to the west of Cowboys and the Ballpark

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm going to game 4, but I live here...Like DFWRocket said, tons of stuff to do...it's Halloween weekend too, so there Deep Elum/Lower Greenville will be crazy...

If you're staying in Dallas, go to either Nick and Sam's (steak) or Nick and Sam's grill (great scene) in uptown...Off mcKinney Ave, there are tons of bars which are pretty fun...we like Sunset Lounge (near downtown) and Red Room/Blackfinn in Addison, again depends on where you stay...if you're staying in Arlington, there is the Highlands that have a Blackfinn and other restaurants and bars there too...

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

man, I forgot about lower Greenville..haven't been there since I was in my (late) 20's. They've got some decent bars/clubs there for 20-somethings & decent food places for up to 30's. You're right, it will be crazy on Saturday due to Halloween though.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I heard the funniest thing this morning driving into work listening to talk radio. One of the hosts named Arnie on 105.3 The Fan received an e-mail from a fan who basically said something like:

"I have the coolest brother in the world who has done many things for me. I am driving into Dallas/Fort Worth with World Series tickets to surprise him and take him to the game. He has done so much for me and I can't wait to surprise him.

Yada yada yada...

So, I would love to give my brother this gift. Can you give me a pair of World Series tickets to surprise him with? I will do whatever is necessary to secure some tickets so I can take my bro."

So, this guy was basically saying he had the tickets and he was going to show up in town surprising his brother. I was waiting for the point to the story. It was a sure thing the way the letter started out. Then, he did a full u-turn and said he needed Arnie (the talk show host) to give him the tickets. Arnie was laughing his butt off and basically said "yea...let me bend over and print you a few WS tickets out of my arse! Are you crazy, man?".

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

:grin: :grin: :grin:

That made me laugh out loud - Repped!

18. Giant9erRocket

I just turned 31 this month.

I'm staying at The Fairmont in Dallas found it on tripadvisor got good reviews and it was included with my flight/car rental expenses.

What do I consider fun? Playing might and magic... lol nah maybe a new high-end club where I can take my wife to go dancing, get drinks, etc.

It doesn't matter the cost, no budget really.

19. Giant9erRocket

Thanks DFW I printed this and will have my wife review and then we'll decide. Appreciate your help!! :)

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Go root on Big Time Timmy Jim for me!