1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to Astros @ Mets 4/11/05

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rememberPete, Mar 28, 2005.

1. rememberPete

rememberPete Contributing Member

Hey, I'm pretty pumped... I am going to be in Bridgeport, CT for work on 4/11/05, and I just got tickets off eBay to go to the "Return of Beltran" game... it also might be Pedro/Clemens.

I was planning on taking the Metro North Train to Grand Central station, then the 7 (purple) line out to Shea.

To all you New York types: Does this sound like the best way for a car-less person to get there? Can you walk from the train stop to Shea Stadium? Any insider tips on the transportation system?

Anyone else going to be at this game?

2. fya

fya Member

Get your AA batteries ready :p

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm trying to get tickets.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

If you've never been to a game in New York (Yankee or Met) I hope you don't think you're going to heckle Beltran in his own place... there are some hardcore fans up there, "you'll be swimmin' with the fishes!"

5. mishii

mishii Contributing Member

I've been to Shea a few times, and you should be able to walk from the 7 station (haven't gone in 2 years though so my memory is a bit rusty). NYC is quite friendly to someone without a car. I have also taken the ferry up the East River to Shea as well if you want a "scenic" albeit more expensive route. Grand Central to Shea via 7 is probably the cheapest route and pretty direct.

Oh and heckling can get you in trouble, but the Mets crowd is MUCH tamer than the Yankee one (I wouldn't try it at Yankee Stadium especially in the bleachers). Although, I was at the Astros no-hitter a couple years ago at Yankee Stadium, and there were quite a few Yankee fans who were cheering for the combined no-hitter by the bottom of the 9th. Rough crowd at times but many of them just love the sport as well.

6. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

That's the best way to get there. The 7 drops you off right in front of Shea.

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If Clemens is pitching on Apr 8, he isnt going to pitch on the 11th

8. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

throw somethin at that punk @$$ beltran when u see him.....sorry still a little bitter........