1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOAT Rockets roster [2K]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Sep 5, 2016.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Careful, next thing you know you will find yourself reading The Constitution of Liberty and nodding your head.
    I was going to go 15 deep, but couldn't think of another SG I really wanted to put on there. I suppose I could have moved Clyde to the two and added Battier (or just gone four deep at the three). Battier would be the next add regardless.

2. hakeemthagreat

Tmac/Cassell
    Harden/Cuttino
    Drexler/Elie
    Malone/Horry
    Hakeem/Sampson

I believe my starting 5 is the best in this thread. NOBODY could guard this team. Tmac and Hakeem pick & roll, YIKES:eek:

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That was my lineup suggestion in the very first reply to the thread. :p Except Harden is the "PG," not TMac.

4. hakeemthagreat

Not bad lol. But I'll stick with Tmac running my point, gotta keep those turnovers down;)

5. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I have an entire all-time rosters past and present for all the NBA Teams without duplicates so Drexler is on the Blazers and Tmac is on the Magic to balance those teams out.

PG- Francis/Murphy

SG- Harden/Maxwell

SF- Rudy T/Mobley/Elie

PF- Hakeem/Thorpe/Scola

C- Yao/Sampson

IR: Aaron Brooks/Ariza/Kenny Smith

Very unstoppable team with Yao and Dream playing side by side as the Twin Towers on steroids with Sampson coming off the bench to side with Hakeem for a little bit of original twin towers.

The Francis and Harden backcourt is out of this world and Calvin/Maxwell and Mobley help to provide the bench with some serious firepower.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

How do you get these guys: Murphy, Rudy T, Sampson..???

Are they done well? Like official with the picture? Or did someone create them? And if so how well were they created?

2k used to be you could download individual players and add them to your roster. Now it's like all I can do download a roster based on a name.

Old dude problems.

Big Mo with goggles and Dream is awesome. The Dream I got is rated like vintage Dream with the vintage Dream picture but he is gray stubble. I would dig it if there was a way to edit him so I can have him and Big Mo both with goggles. I guess I could GIMF it but 2k16 isn't as intuitive as it used to be.

7. heypartner

How well does the TMac/Dwight PnR work? :grin:

8. hakeemthagreat

Damn I forgot Calvin:rolleyes:

Updated roster:

Tmac/Cassell
    Harden/Murphy
    Drexler/Horry
    Malone/Sampson
    Hakeem/Yao

9. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

They were created so they don't have pictures etc but the in-game likenesses are uncanny. Downloaded.

Like a charm. Also, half the time I mix up Penny and Tmac on the court together at the same time :rolleyes:

10. heypartner

So, Howard is good at PnR in 2K? I wonder if he plays the game himself, and has come to realize how to win at 2K.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think I would do:

Harden / Murphy
    Drexler / Maxwell
    Tmac / Horry
    Malone / Sampson
    Hakeem / Yao

That team is too sick! I mean DAMN!! I'm not sure anyone wants to touch that team. Some people don't know that Maxwell was the one player that could give Jordan fits. His D was incredible! In fact, the Rockets of the 90's were the one team that actually handled the Bulls and could beat them routinely. They had no answer for Hakeem.... No one did. This team might beat the best of the Lakers and Celtics.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

[​IMG]

Didn't know where else to post this, looks like Muhammad Ali more than anything...

13. hakeemthagreat

Nice. But you can't put Maxwell over Calvin. Calvin's a HOF!!!!!! C'mon bro

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Mine would go something like this. Unsure it'd be possible on 2K17.Coached by Rudy T, of course ;)

Calvin Murphy/Steve Francis
    James Harden/Clyde Drexler/Mike Newlin
    Rudy Tomjanovich/Tracy McGrady/Robert Reid
    Moses Malone/Elvin Hayes/Otis Thorpe
    Hakeem Olajuwon/Yao Ming

Reserves: Shane Battier & Rodney McCray