1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Stone his credit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Jun 24, 2023.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

When Harden was traded, most this board said we got robbed. They also said we were the worst ran organization in the nba, with a GM that had no clue what he was doing. Some even complained we didn't get Ben Simmons. 3 years later we are one of the youngest teams with the brightest futures in the league, with the best young coach. We have 60 million in cap space, and tons of future draft picks

First & foremost, some of you owe Stone a apology. Second, I think it's time to proclaim this rebuild a sucess. The Harden trade was masterful, and our drafting has been phenomenal. Kudos to Stone and Tilman for having the GUTS to tear things down & rebuild on the fly.

2. a time to chill

Stone ain't done ****. I'll give him his credit this time next year if he wins 40 games.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stone has done most of the things I would have.

There a few small differences I might have done, but nothing really big.

Free agency is a big test. Let's see his phase 2 unfold.

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Haha tilman apologists really are subhumans

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

naw - that spot is reserved for harden apologist’s

RKREBORN and rocketchamp like this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So it’s like Harden+Old Tucker+Old Gordy for Eason+Whitmore+2 more FRP and 2 swaps. As long as one of those picks gets us into the top 5, then I will be pleased.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

F Fertits. Stone can get his laurels when this team wins a playoff series. Until then, all that has happened is he has drafted guys with loads of potential that have yet to live up to it. I think they will and I think the moves have been overall good, but you earn your praise via performance and achievement, not mere possibility.

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Stone hasn't done jack ****.

We are the joke of the league.

Prospects dodge our workouts.

Wemby prayed for us to drop.

ESPN predict our picks every single year at the top.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Every single year. Damn this must be going on for like 8 years or something.

VanityHalfBlack and burlesk like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Agree, Tilman and Stone have been patient and have rebuilt the right way. All the dumbs above me think that you win chips while rebuilding. Losing is part of the rebuild, its part of drafting great young players. Its only been happening since forever in The NBA.

Soon they will be saying Tilman and Stone got lucky that a couple of our young players turned into stars without ever realizing that the way this team was rebuilt was by design and not luck. We have a great org and soo much to look forward. Haters can gtfo and go sheer for the spers....

11. fchowd0311

I think if you are judging a GM and not the entirety of the coaching and training staff with the GM, then this is the wrong way to judge a GMs success.

The best way to judge Stone is by simply asking how many GMs would want to replace their roster and cap space situation with ours right after the Harden trade and compared to the roster and cap space we have today.

Right after the Harden trade, I would say 0 GMs of other teams would prefer to swap their roster with ours. I'm not going to answer how many today would and just leave that up to you guys.

burlesk likes this.
  12. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

What has Stone done? Seriously, he got lucky this year. That doesn’t take any skill or competence.

slothy420, DCHAMP, GotGame15 and 3 others like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

here comes the little white knights :p

clos4life likes this.
  14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Can’t we enjoy are draft success for a week without these BS divisive threads? I like Stone but he doesn’t need some White Knight protecting his honor on a message board. He’s doing fine :D

Ancient Moabite and Tuckmose like this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Thank you stone and poorman for achieving 3 dog **** unwatchable seasons in a row. Couldnt have done it without you

16. fchowd0311

Well there is a simple test to evaluate Stone. How many GMs would have preferred to swap their roster with ours right after the Harden trade and how many GMs would rather have our roster than theirs today.

burlesk and MettaWorldPete like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We've been the worst team in the league 3 years in a row and might be one of the worst again for the 4th. What has Stone done?

18. fchowd0311

How many GMs would prefer to swap their roster with ours right after the Harden trade and how many GMs would prefer our roster over theirs today.

Did that number increase, decrease, stat the same?

burlesk likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

How many GMs would prefer to swap their roster with ours right after the Harden trade and how many GMs would prefer our roster over theirs today. Did that number increase, decrease, stat the Same?

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmfao yea just fastforward 3 entire horrendous seasons. As if most of the "talent" on this team arent from the nba's form of charity for bottomfeeders