1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Snyder Head's minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac, Apr 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Head's role on the team is to pose a potential offensive threat, but he's been shooting terribly and has been making terrible decisions with the ball. He can't beat anyone off the dribble, either. He's been atrocious. Making matters worse is the fact that he isn't strong enough to guard Harpring and is having as awful a defensive as offensive series.

Snyder should get Head's playing time for this series because he can defend the more physical Utah players like Harpring and Williams. When Giricek is in, then maybe Head can come in to see if he can get something going offensively. Otherwise, Snyder's minutes should come up and Head's down.

So freaking frustrated.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I totally agree.

Be prepared for the half-wits on here to eat you alive for suggesting it...

3. demon77

demon77 Member

yeah, I have no idea why he only get like 2 min. He should get atleast 5 min every game especially when everyone sin't cotributing much.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i agree. he's the only one who can penetrate and create off the dribble

5. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

The only issue I have with JVG's coaching tonight is giving luther 24 minutes. That's just ridiculous.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Gee, maybe the coach didn't do a very good job of utilizing his bench tonight?

Now where have I heard that before?

7. AggieRocketFan96

I mentioned this in another thread. Kirk might at least give the Rox a player who isn't so much a spot up shooter like 95% of the Rockets team. Unlike JHo, Luther, Rafer, Shane, and TMAC, Kirk thrives on slashing to the basket and I think the way this series is going, the Rockets need someone to do this. The Rox offense is too predictable. Pound it into Yao or have a spot up shooter or TMAC jack it from long range in the face of a good defense. No one seems to be able to create off the dribble or stop and pop a 15' foot jumper off a screen, pick, or off the dribble.

8. jaggedpole

jaggedpole Member

Are you guys kidding me? Putting Snyder would be worse since he cant shoot from the outside. Spacing would be compromised since they'll underplay him. Remember sloan knows his game pretty well.

John lucas should be given more playing time than Snyder because Lucas can create his own shot by dribbling and pulling up a midrange..something Luther head couldn't do. Jazz is really defending the 3 line pretty good and Lucas can make them pay with his midrange game.

9. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Luther is 2-16 in this series. Can Snyder be any worse than that? At least he can't guard Harpring a bit better.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah. when the rockets are struggling to shoot, snyder is the guy to go to.

:rolleyes:

11. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Kirk can rebound and defend better than Luther, and actually drive the ball a bit.
    I was thinking that he should be used some in the 4th, since Luther didn't show up, again. :(

12. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I agreed when Head is going to show up for the playoff. At least Snyder can penetrate to the basket if you could not make shot outside. I am kind of disappointed of Juwan also why his shot not falling. This is playoff time I thought everybody should step up their game. Utah did not play a super game tonight but they still win because they did not have a lot of turn over and their bench scored 33 points to help their starter. I know we did not have a good bench like everybody else but zero points tonight is unexceptable.

13. Rainkky

Rainkky Member

I agree! :p
    Give this guy more minutes.

14. OLDNEWS

OLDNEWS Member

However jazz wouldn't let head shoot from outside.They let T-mac and Yao play one on one and shut down the other Rockets,Yao and T-mac can score but they will be tired out.When jazz defend like this ,we need snyder,or bozi if possibly.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Of course he is, because he gives you SOMETHING BESIDES JUST SHOOTING!!!

Luther is useless if his shot isn't falling. In fact, he's a liability.

16. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

How about V-span?
    He can penetrate too. And he is a hustle guy. We just lose energy right now.
    It's time to try something new.

17. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

When Head can't make the 3s, simply bring him down to warm the bench, please JVG!!!!! :mad:

18. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I think even half-wits can see Head has been sucking it up.
    ...except for people suggesting the solution to our problems is to play VSpan.

19. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

The only thing I worry about Vspan is that he has limted experience playing with our starters, which may lead to uneccessary turnovers.

The good thing for Vspan is that he can drive, meanwhile Jazz doesn't have many quick guards and they always need more than one to guard Tmac.

20. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Don't people get it? I'll spell it out for you:
    Vassilis Spanoulis = more turnovers
    He LACKS the experience needed right now. He is NOT the solution. I'll go out there and hustle; it won't do a LICK OF GOOD.