1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Give me your honest opinion on Ganja.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ZRB, May 14, 2004.

Tags:
?

What do you think of ganja?

1. Love it.

30 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Hate it.

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Have no feelings about it.

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. That's it, there are children posting here! I'm calling John Ashcroft.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I'm not trying to start a discussion that will be immediately locked. I'm not trying to have a debate about drug laws. I just want to know what you guys think of ganja. Do you love it? Hate it? Avoid it like the plague?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What's not to like? Safer than alcohol.
    I admire folks who never need anything to help them relax on occasion. Life can be a *****.

(withholding comment on the laws)

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't do drugs.

4. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

It's a totally positive thing and something I wish were legal. It is less harmful than alcohol and for somebody like me who is wound a bit too tight sometimes, it allows me to relax. I don't have a problem with it.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

anything that will make me lose any sense of control is wrong in my books, but then again ive seen some pretty nasty stuff thats happened to my friends...

I just saw a 3 hour indian movie about Ganja, it was sooooo retarted, dunno why i but i had to get that off my chest, stupid movie, stupid drugs.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dont do it, but it should be legal.

7. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I am a drinker not a smoker (I like the feeling of the wacky weed...but I absolutely hate to cough...I mean pathologically hate it).

I think MJ should be legal, don't get me wrong....but I do get a little bit tired of the Alcohol Bad/Weed Good rap.

I know some life long heavy drinkers...and some lifelong heavy smokers...and while I know scientifically Alcohol is more toxic to the brain I have a lot of trouble beliving it.

I'd much rather have a conversation with an old rummy than a daily weed smoker of a certain age. The weed smoker will tell you a story they have told you 1.2 billion times previously...sure you have never heard it...and even when you start to finish it for them they will continue to regale you with the facinating details.)

Provided they have a designated driver drunks can be fun...they want to go out...they want to party...someone high on good bud, wants to sit on a couch and watch Third Rock From The Sun or play Unreal Tournament.

Anyway....I think both should be legal...and I can understand why the Marley crew are a little P.Oed because their vice isn't legal and beer and whiskey are readily available to anyone capable of reaching the countertop with it...but be a little gentler on us alkies...most of us wish your vice was legal...so you'd stop drinking our last shot of Black Velvet.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

You think I'm up until 5am with pizza and zombie movies for no reason???

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

To say I love it, well....but I'd never pass on a passing doobie.

I've worked the bars for 10 years and much prefer the company of a smoker.

My favorite response when asked if I smoke is: Yep, I just love to pour ketchup on my doorstep and eat my way to bed.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I could tell you how I feel about it if I knew what the hell it was.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Ganja is what Jamaicans call pot.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I used to smoke, don't anymore. It's was fun at 20, but at 30 it's a litte old. Now I'm only high on life, and a lot of beer. (weekends only)

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No real feelings about it, but I have watched many people underachieve because of it.

Altering the status of your brain can not be a good thing.

:)

DD

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . .QUESTION: What would be the results of a Drug FREE FOR ALL

any drug u want at anytime . ..
    on the cheap?

Like I said. . . the idea of Doctor's coming to work drunk
    bothers me to no end. . them being HIGH as well . .
    scares the sh*t out of me. . .

Would we spend as much money on Regulation
    as we do not on prevention

Hell Kids are free to sex as much as they like
    and get abortions without parental consent . . . why
    ban them from doing drugs, alcohol, etc

Rocket River

15. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

As alchohol rarely has any real effect on me, I do enjoy the bud on occassion, but I must emphasize that I mean on a rare occassion; monts or years can go by in between J's, but then I can smoke it quite often for a couple of weeks or so...then months or years go by, etc.

I must admit that it would probably be much more often were it not for the fact that I am the worst cougher in human history whenever I do partake; tears running down my face, speech affected, usually have to leave the room I'm in so others can hear themselves think. It clears up after a few minutes, but that is unpleasant enought to make me wary of doing ot too often.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

RR, Doctors can come to work in whatever condition they choose now...
    ...the laws have nothing to do with it, their integrity does.

17. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I know the feeling, my lungs don't like it that much either. Besides, it's very hard to get around here (small tourist town in the moutains).

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh. Sheesh, am I a prude or what.

I smoked some in college. It was OK. It made me paranoid. I thought every guy in the room was hitting on my girlfriend. It gave me the munchies. Other than that, it didn't do much for me.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

C'mon guys! Coughing's the best part! That's like saying you don't like drinking because you hate swallowing. :D

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If you don't cough, you don't get off.

No kidding. RR, if you're afraid of this you ought to be very afraid. Nobody in our society has more ready, easy access to the very worst, most addictive drugs than doctors. If your doctor has a taste for drugs to the degree they'd show up drunk or high at work, weed is the last of your problems.