1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ghostbusters III filming soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, May 21, 2009.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moranis was awesome in Parenthood...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3PLPOHrwdms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i remember hearing rick moranis totally retired - he must have made tons and tons of $$$ off those honey i shrunk the kids movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Moranis

3. cod

cod Member

I recognise him from Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the CW sitcom Reaper.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Maybe he doesn't want to make a ****ty movie? How many times have we lamented the fact that a sequel is pushed out to make money? So why are we coming down on him for the same?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL. I was asking what his problem was, not coming down on him. I also didn't know he was your dad either. Lulz.

On the subject of ****ty sequels -- that has always been a weird argument to me. At least its something. Spiderman 3 was so bad... but hey... at least they made something. I'll never watch it again but the fact that it sucked so bad didn't make Spiderman 2 any worse.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Plus, he does what he feels like doing, he's always been like that, this is a good read to get an idea about Bill Murray and how he chooses projects...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20396748,00.html

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't he play a cat by accident once? They can't trick him into a Ghostbusters? I heard Woody Harrelson has to hold his dong for him when he pisses.

10. Yonkers

I think it cheapens the memory of it to an extent. If they would have stopped at Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle I'll always remember how out of the blue funny that movie was. The sequel doesn't ruin the first movie but the memory of that experience for me.
    Right now all we associate with Ghostbusters are fond memories of how much we enjoyed it, etc. If it sucks then it will always be... "Ghostbusters is awesome but..."

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, that's a weird mentality to me. You have two good ones. Why not try for another? All of the Terminators blow but i love T2. If they announced 10 more Terminators I'd be like fine, lets see what happens. T2 will always be T2.

12. Yonkers

To me it's like saying... Casa Blanca was pretty damned good... let's give a second one a whirl and if it sucks we'll always have that first one. Maybe weird to you but it does cheapen the entire franchise to me.

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1yeUswA8xPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Twice actually. In December he said: "No-one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts."So yeah, I guess he thinks it'll suck. But this guy just did 2 Garfield movies. He's not above doing ****ty movies to cash a paycheck.

2 years ago he said he'd only do it if he was killed off in the first reel. Maybe Aykroyd and Ramis should take him up on that.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Getting killed off in a Ghostbusters movie would mean the character would never die...

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cast Jim Carrey as the Bill Murray character's son he had with Sigourney Weaver's character in the first one (which only comes out in this movie), throw in a story about the Bill Murray character dying in some ghost incident, and have Jim join up with the remaining Ghostbusters crew to fight whatever it is they are fighting next...the giant Brawny paper towel axe guy (or lumberjack if you rather) played by none other than Will Ferrell.

Take these steps and write them into the script maximizing these two actors talents...along with whatever little talent came from the rest of the existing cast...and you have a sure fire blockbuster winner.

Don't do these things...and all bets are off. The script will have to exceed the remaing cast talent if they cannot bring in someone just as funny to replace Bill Murray. It's unlikely you can just subtract Bill Murray from the movie and do nothing to counter that...unless the script is just that good.

My thoughts anyway... . lol

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

excellent idea

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I hope they bring Rick Moranis out of retirement.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The alien stuff is just the extension of a creative, imaginative mind; I think a crapload of these celebrities - who have no economic or social reason to get a serious education - believe this stuff, they just project it through Scientology or just making a bunch of sci-fi of movies.

I think he's always been a writer first and as his draw bottomed out (I think Couch Trip and My Girl might have been his last big leads), he might not have gotten enough of those opportunities later on for screen time to be worth it.

He probably never really gelled with celebrity culture; particularly what it must have been like in the '70s and '80s: losing Belushi, who was supposed to be part of the original cast, might have been part of that. I can't imagine what those SNL after-parties, or even any kind of down time during those early stressful years before NBC realized they had a monopoly on viable weekend programming and were dumb enough to threaten cancellation, must have been like.

I think Ramis, who seemed completely in his element on SCTV, is probably the same exact way.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Screw the money, when you're a walking cameo it's probably more about hanging out for two months with certain people you think are cool, interesting or easy on the eyes.