1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting a domain/email

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream Sequence, Aug 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Say I want to set up an email for business purposes: abc@abccompany.com

I'd like to do this to have a more professional setup. I'm not ready for a website, but maybe in the future. I already have a personal email that I would like this email address to forward to.

If I get a domain through say yahoo, does it only forward to yahoo email accounts (their website is unclear). It only costs $10 for the first year, so seems pretty cost effective.

Are there other company's out there. As you can see I'm basically just looking for a domain and email forwarding at a reasonable cost.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I use GoDaddy.com. $8.95 per year. You can forward to any email account and you can even set up multiple forwardings.

3. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

I haven't used them in a while, but http://DotEasy.com offers for $25/yr a domain name, 100 MB web hosting, and 10 POP email addresses (with a web interface). This way you don't have to mess with forwarding.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

www.1and1.com - $.99/mo - up to 5 accounts @ 1GB each. CHEAP. Just go ahead and get a website, as well, they're $4.99/mo, with 6 mos. minimal. Their control panel is great. I use them for a couple of businesses for which I do the website and manage their email.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm officially sick of AT&T
    their tech support sucks *ss
    Almost Cannot get a human at all. I was on hold for 15 minutes
    to get to the wrong department.
    [This was after several prompts sent me to be disconnected]

I am just too done.

I am looking for a DSL/Phone Service Provider in Houston
    [Actually looking for a business line and going to get a Domain/Web Hosting
    provider]

I'm very open to suggestions

Rocket River

6. Howyalikemenow

I use mine to host my online portfolio and I'm pretty satisfied with 1and1 hosting. The price is right and my website has been totally stable. I use gmail for my email services. It's pretty cool.

I'm actually a Time Warner/Roadrunner subscriber. It's tough not to be. I'm use to the T1 connection at work, so I want the same speed at home. I've had my connection go down probably twice, but each time I call, it's back up in minutes and I'm talking to someone local. With all the specials going around, you're bound to find something that's in your price range. Let them know you're switching from DSL and/or you're considering switching, I'm sure they'll throw you something good. They did for me.

Hope this helps.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thanks
    I will definately look into it.
    Do they [1and1] offer email services.
    Well . .I will check out their site

Thanks. That name keeps coming up again and again
    and it seems to be all positive

Rocket River