1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

General Incompetence & Category 5's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The sad ramifications of this is that many career civil servant NOAA employees with tons of institutional knowledge and experience will likely be forced out of their jobs. Due to this mistake-in-chief.

PS pray for Alabama...
    [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it's almost a perfect encapsulation of his majesty, i meant presidency

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And as usual, trump and his enablers will find a way to make a buck on this...

joshuaao likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If need to let private industry run NOAA. Insurance companies could do a much better job of telling people where the hurricane will go instead of these fake scientists who are clearly influenced by the global warming cartel.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could say this about anything. The real tragedy of life is people focus on misstatements, celebrities, and what they are going to eat for lunch while people are suffering all over the world.

I think this is an unfair statement as it implies people don't have the capacity to mock the president and still feel empathy for the people of the Bahamas. It's also a bit condescending.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

President Sharpie.

DD

7. Buck Turgidson

Except he's very much a dullard

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Since this post, I became enamored with the idea of a Trump Presidential Library. Alas, I don't think it can be near as good as his twitter library. Trump will have a large say in how it'll be established and maintained, so he'll make sure he has a board that will whitewash his legacy. Of course, all his official documents and materials will be curated by the national archivist and so I'm sure much of the 4-year scandal will shine through, but I doubt it'll get a fully honest historical treatment even so.

I did find this though: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-profit-presidential-library-851557/. Trump is thinking of putting his library someplace like Mar-a-Lago. That way, he can generate some revenues for his for-profit enterprise on the back of the nonprofit effort. Which is so fittingly emblematic of his whole presidency.

9. Buck Turgidson

It would have to be next door or something. No way Trump is letting his MAGA voters onto the Mar-a-Lago property, and they're the only ones who would be interested. I wonder if he'll charge admission (but not to the gift shop)?

peleincubus likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Trump say something about evacuating Katy, though?

12. biff17

biff17 Member

So Mojo, Dach, Real J nor any of the others have thoughts on this?

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Why even give them a platform to respond?

All they will say is that the media and liberals are obsessed over this. Trump is the victim.

Even though fake news CNN has published a timeline absolutely obliterating, destroying, and decimating every single one of Trump’s lies during this **** show of a debacle, they will moan “why is this even news?!” and laugh that the liberals are furious.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/poli...dorian-map-fiasco/index.html?no-st=1567801865

14. Buck Turgidson

Now that I think of it, General Incompetence is a perfect title for our current Commander in Chief

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We could add him to the MCU with General Soreness from the NBA.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps I could’ve phrased that better. I’m blaming the president for creating the situation for what initially could’ve been excused as a misstatement rather than prolonging the situation while actual people are suffering.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Going from quadrupling down to quintupling down... embarrassing another government agency to avoid trump admitting he was wrong...

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It would have gotten even better ratings if the sharpie edit was shaped like ivanka$ or alabama.

6/10

19. NewRoxFan

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You were so close. I would have replaced arpie with itstain

Nook likes this.