1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

General Incompetence & Category 5's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

2. Buck Turgidson

Who is that talking to me?

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think the lesson here is that giving more power to the govt isn't a great idea because you get gross incompetence at the Top and at every level below.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He is like players I see at the poker tables I play against. Will bluff and will never back down. Will either call or raise hands because he doesn’t want to look weak. It’s like a person that was bullied when he was younger. He never wants to be that 12 year old kid again no matter what. Do we really want that kind of person as leader of the free world?

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I think the lesson here is you sound like those militias you hear. Now I am not saying what type of militia I will let the others on here to determine that

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump wittingly adds to the ways people can ridicule him.

CometsWin, IBTL, peleincubus and 9 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

One more...

joshuaao, RESINator, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

OK, a few more...

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That poker player loses money (goes bankrupt multiple times, defaults on huge loans). Yep, perfect analogy.

Rashmon likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Power to the government and power to the White House are two different things the right love to conflate.... while at the same time working tirelessly to create an autocracy that rigs elections to maintain power.

I don’t think you get gross incompetence at all with institutions made up of a collection of people. The IRS, FBI, NASA, etc etc are organizations within the government that do their jobs as competent as any organization could be expected if not better than any private org only focused on short term profits.

So I know right wingers love to talk out both sides of their mouth on this issue of power to the government, but expect from now on to get called out as a massive hypocrite if you think you can support the current makeup of the Trumplican party that loves overstepping their power and your rights to seize power and still try to have some stupid argument about government overstep.

Nook, mdrowe00, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We let this buffoon get nominated/elected, so really, we deserve all of this.

Nook, Invisible Fan, biff17 and 3 others like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Saying he'd never heard of a cat 5 hitting land before is hyperbolic speech (and a lie). Saying Alabama was at risk was a little different -- a mistake of quoting outdated information that he has since ridiculously tried to cover up with lies because he pathologically cannot ever admit to being wrong.

Gotta spread it out and let the private sector get its fair share of incompetence.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Collateral damage in trumps lie bombs...

B-Bob likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

What job is that?

and what does that have to do with this?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You have a mouse in your pocket? Who is this WE you speak of, I have been sounding alarm bells since he announced he was running that he was an absolute con man and a turd of a human being.

DD

17. NewRoxFan

I suspect he is referring to Pelosi's resistance to the idea of impeachment...

CometsWin likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, we didn't, we don't and **** anybody who suggests that the victims of this guy deserve it.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you're giving the Donald too much credit here.

...he's not anything like Cool Hand Luke...

...and somebody at least had the common decency to put Luke behind bars first, before he bet on a hand fulla nuthin'...:):D

20. NewRoxFan

OMG, now they are trotting out some admiral to defend trump's idiotic statement about the hurricane hitting Alabama... its amazing what careers they are willing to sacrifice so trump won't have to admit he was wrong...