1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gas Prices Going Up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Sep 14, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How can we trust this intelligence? I think Trump is falling into a Deep State trap led by Dick Cheney to engage in another massive war in the middle East.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Can't trust trump to tell the truth, nor can we trust saudi arabia to tell the truth. We are in that bad a situation...

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Big, immobile, explosive targets.... and they keep poking the beehive

Kind of makes you expect that this type of attack will become commonplace for guerilla movements around the world.

1. it makes Texas supplies ever more valuable, all the Permian frackers that bet the ranch and held on by their fingernails are looking pretty good

2. makes the case for decentralized renewables as vital to National Security for every nation on Earth, or, brings domestic coal back into play

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I am convinced this is a false flag attack by the United States -- the precision is far too advanced for the Iranian military.

#BlackHat
    #FalseFlag
    #NeverForget
    #TrumpsWar
    #AlienTech
    #FreeEnergy
    #CheneysHeart

superfob and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol alien tech.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Would Iranians be liable for just providing drones?
    https://theaviationist.com/2019/09/...e-attacks-on-two-saudi-aramco-oil-facilities/

But sources in Iraq and Washington say the attacks were launched from Iraq, most likely from pro-Iranian militias operating in the open and guided by Iran’s al-Quds (Revolutionary Guards) forces, led by Major General Qasem Soleimani. It was this same force that recently attempted to launch a swarming drone attack on Israel.
    https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/09/article/saudi-oil-facility-attacks-may-have-come-from-iraq/

#26 Dubious, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here is an example of a "drone" used in Syria to shut down Russian airbase last year, it is literally homemade from balsa wood, foam, a GPS receiver, surplus electronics and a cheap electric or tiny gas motor:

[​IMG]

These are the bombs used against Russia in Syria. The body of the bombs are 3D printed plastic. The fuses are made out of cheap, commonly available parts from simple step-by-step instructions distributed via the internet, and the explosives are fertilizer and powdered aluminum - basically stuff that is everywhere for very legitimate reasons:

[​IMG]

When Russia got their ass kicked with this kind of drone attack the Russians first tried to pretend it was suicide bombers, then eventually started blaming the US and Turkey in turn for orchestrating it. It's embarassing as hell for your billion-dollar/ruble/euro military to get its ass kicked by some nomad operating out of the cargo bed of a 1997 Toyota Hilux.

"Drone" conjures images of much more technically sophisticated technology than is actually used in these types of attacks.

Another picture:

[​IMG]

There have been multiple waves of drone attacks on Russian bases since the start of 2018. Russia has gotten better at defending the bases, but if you aren't actively protecting against drones, it is basically impossible to defend against.

You are going to see a lot more of this s**t going forward. They've been doing it very regularly in Syria for the last couple of years, but presumably under the radar of the average American. The people who want to do this stuff don't need help from the US or Russia or Iran. All they need is a Home Depot-type hardware store and an internet connection to download instructions.

#27 Ottomaton, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I just paid $3.78 traveling in California... and this was before the attack. :eek:

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

MSNBC reports US intelligence says the drones launched from Iran, not Yemen. Things aren't looking good.

10. Buck Turgidson

2.09 here

gasbuddy.com

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I guess,

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

To @NewRoxFan's point, I don't really trust the Trump Admin or the Kingdom to tell us the truth. And we have no reason to believe Iran. But as you allude to, this isn't even new to us. We couldn't -- or shouldn't have -- trusted the Bush Admin 15 years ago. Hell Roosevelt lied to us before WWII because he wanted us to get into the war. You can't trust any of these guys.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Member

Ouch!!!!! That sucks!

14. likestohypeguy

Mental gymnastics of driving an economy car- I feel like I'm winning when gas prices spike for a few minutes, even though it's worse for me too.

1st car Corvette -> Lincoln town car -> F150 -> F150 -> F150 -> F150... all v8's, now to two 1 liter ecoboxes in a row.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. We'll be going up to over $4 a gallon.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let Saudi Arabia deal with their own issues.
    DD

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Do you listen to your banker about your finances. I bet Trump does.

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I am under the impressions that Texans usually enjoy the best gas prices outside of the Middle East... Up to over a dollar less for premium which is all I use..

#38 Sanctity, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, that sucks FB. California is a beautiful state but it sure is expensive.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is true. It is expensive.