1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] New Zelda game for Wii U

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amshirvani, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Didn't see a thread for this--if there's already one mods please delete/merge/lock this thread.

Anyone see the videos today from E3? The title is Breath of the Wild. Looks ridiculously epic in scope and gameplay--changing up a lot of the traditional Zelda aspects. Supposed to be a huge wide open world that's 12x as big as the world from Twilight Princess. My Wii U has been collecting dust the last year but I may have to buy this game. I enjoyed Skyward Sword but did find it too linear

2. YaosDirtyStache

What would DaDakota think?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trailer looks legit.

We've been playing the Wii U because our kid turned 6 and we introduced him to it and he loves Mario kart lol. Starting some other games.

This game looks legit.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1rPxiXXxftE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks amazing. the world looks fairly empty in a way. i would assume that there are different parts of the world that will vary though.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ha I have a son that is six also. And got him a wii u so that he doesn't have to play my ps4 that I rarely use myself.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Been waiting for this game since before Wii U came out. Long since have sold my Wii U. Maybe I'll get it for NX when it comes out. It looks fantastic as expected.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Open world Zelda gaming seems like a really cool thing. Nintendo stepped up their game.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

pretty much this. Gonna go ahead and skip the wii u entirely and get the NX with LoZ. Can't wait.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This game is pretty much why I have my Wii U still hooked up. Did they announce a release date?

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think the plan is to release the game on both Wii U and Nintendo's next console, so I'd guess the release date will be the same as NX, which is yet to be announced.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly... That's why I'm thinking of selling wii u.. Basically same thing they did before with the Zelda Twilight Princess that released on Wii and on GC.

I'm mainly pc player, but Nintendo still makes some great first party games... I held out on Wii and Wii U but eventually gave in. Yes... I'm aware of emulation scene but prefer to pay the devs :)

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

And... New Zelda looks pretty great!

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty good plan; definitely a way to boost sales of the NX.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doesn't seem like backwards compatibility is given anymore, so that's something to consider when you are thinking about selling your Wii U. The Wii U can play Wii games and in about 10 minutes of effort you can start emulating GC games on it too (homebrew SW is on the Wii mode, which will never be patched out). Nice one stop shop for the future if you ever want to play old games.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's iike Zelda was crossed with Shadows of the Colossus or maybe an empty world Elder Scrolls. Trailer looks great, and I love me some calm Master Sword shots.

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Uhmmm where is the traditional hero green cloth?!?!

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Excited for this. Just gotta figure out how I am going to play it....ha

19. BleedsRocketRed

It looks awesome but it also still has that "last gen" feeling to it. I may just wait for the NX version instead.

With that said, the Wii U is and will be one of the most unappreciated and under utilized consoles of all time.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Underappreciated my ass. That is Nintendo's fault from the dumb Wii U name (should have just gone with Wii 2 or whatever), to the weak hardware, to the snail-slow OS, not to mention their endless software cycles.

I love Nintendo games to death, and they will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Any failings of the Wii U are entirely due to Nintendo's own incompetence. Here's to hoping they figure it out before NX is released.

I'm getting to the point where I think they need to license their IP to other consoles and get out of the hardware business.