1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. MystikArkitect

Guess w
    Dany made a good point. Varys has betrayed every king he's ever served. How the hell is he still alive?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because they didn't live long enough to find out?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have been thinking about the dragons and why I took the slain dragon so hard, and I think it's b/c they give the dragons dog-like mannerisms. Seriously. I rewatched the bit where the dragons woke up in the last episode before Dany flew to save Jon. A waking dragon shook its head just like a dog -- totally unlike a lizard, of course. And when it slips under the water, its neck and face in death looked more like some kind of ancient sighthound than a lizard.

Speaking of dead dragon, I was also thinking, just within the show's own logic, about its rebirth under the NK's hand. So, other wight-type things still carry their injuries and malformations with them, right? So this ice dragon should have an enormous gash in its neck, and anytime it tries to breath fire/ice/whatever, that crap should be shooting out the side of its neck too, LOL. I would bet good money this is glossed over and we have a nearly-perfect ice dragon flying around soon.

EDIT: Sighthounds at play. I have a sighthound thing, and we have one in our family.
    [​IMG]

#1463 B-Bob, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    heypartner, fba34 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fine observations.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like it ends on a huge loss. The fans have been getting win after win, they're going to kill someone off or create a new obstacle and make us wait a year.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In Episode 2, Dany called him out on that, and he gave a very convincing response about being treated like a slave all his early life and being for the people. And siding with the winner was survival and building power (versus "blindly following incompetence"), but now he believes he found someone to follow who has a similar mission at heart to his.

Pretty convincing 'eh

7. heypartner

I like your dog analogy. Yeah, they give them dog mannerism moreso than lizards. Always makes me hurt when they shriek in pain, too.

I'd also bet the ice dragon will spit out something for great cinema....all very magical. I guess had the NK always had a dragon and it spit out ice (or whatever), we'd just say, "that's a bad-ass asset he's got." And not question it at all.

One thing within the show's logic of wights, that dragon should be able to fight with a wicked, reckless abandon....fire/ice or not...we could even expect it to fly much faster than Drogon. I can imagine a World War Z Dragon could do some fierce dragon-to-dragon aerial combat (nose-diving from above, for instance) and kill dragons with its teeth alone. And a WWZ Dragon on the ground would be like 10 of those Bears, maybe more with the tail whipping around.

And on another note, the NK has about 3-4 Wight Giants that we saw in the Ep 1 opening scene, maybe more with all the "recruiting" he's been doing marching around the North waiting for Winter to attack.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do you trust him after that? I cant tell if I'm supposed to trust him now or not. The way they're rushing through the season, it'd be almost odd to even bother having that conversation if there wasn't more to it... they don't seem to have time to do anything trivial anymore. Everything has an effect now.

He seemed to fear Little Finger. On the opposite side. Now they're worlds apart manipulating different key players. Maybe they've been in cahoots the whole time.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rat and cockroach, Varys and Baelish ...... you keep them around.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get the logic of bears or dragons getting enhanced zombie powers, but the human wights are easy fodder.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those need to be nerfed.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's BS thought (although the show may just ignore that it's BS now.)

Varys hasn't betrayed every king he ever served, only Robert Baratheon and then Joffrey. He was loyal to the Aerys to the end even though the king was mad. His "betrayal" of Robert Baratheon wasn't really for the people either, no matter what BS he sells. He was trying to install the Mad King's son, who was also a douchenozzle, on the throne without knowing much about him other than him being a prick.

He has a specific loyalty to the Targs. In the books he was so loyal to Aerys, the mad freaking king, that he even helped him avoid being overthrown by his son!

heypartner likes this.
  13. heypartner

WWZ Zombies don't really have enhanced powers other than fighting like they are on a PCP and bath salt cocktail. The bear and wights don't have enchanced powers behind fighting like they are on PCP. Yes, the wights are still fodder to skilled and brave swordsmen, until they succumb to great numbers.

My point is a Dragon on PCP is the best weapon to kill another dragon, and Jon's f2cked if he keeps losing dragons.

So, it's quite a threat (spitting ice/fire or not). A surprise aerial attack by Viseryion on PCP against Rhaegal, I'm thinking Viseryion easily knocks Rhaegal to the ground and gets a death grip on the neck. I'm also thinking it's completely within the logic of Dragons that a dead dragon would retain its imperviousness to fire, whether he can still spit it or not. So, how would Drogon even be able to beat Viseryion. So, Viseryion would be a best weapon against the other Dragons. That's the threat, imo.

Heck, with the wight Giants the NK already has, he doesn't even need the Dragon to break through the wall.

But, I'm not really making a prediction that Viseryion fights Drogon in aerial combat, or lands within the walls of Winterfel and whips its tail around killing everyone....or wipes out a charging cavalry like 10 of the Bears. I think he'll spit something for CGI effect. Just saying, he's quite a threat to kill those other dragons.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. justtxyank

This is a very formulaic build. The NK needs something to bring down the wall, dragons breathe fire, the dragon will breathe fire on the wall.

GOT has such mass appeal now and that may play a part in why they've really simplified things and removed shades of gray from characters. It's a general audience show.

Good guys/bad guys. Even Jamie Lannister, who is a good guy now, wasn't willing to flog people in his army when Tully wanted to. Drive the point home, Tully=bad, Jamie=good.

fba34 likes this.
  15. justtxyank

Dragon class tipped spear fired from the scorpion. Would think that would have to work right? Dragon can't keep his resistance to fire AND avoid the other weaknesses right? Too OP.

Why wouldn't he? Remember the wall is supposed to have magic on it that the NK can't pass through. Assume the wights can't either (wight earlier in season 1 or 2 wasn't a wight when it was brought across the wall).

Man I really hope we get to see the dragons wreck shop at this point. Don't let me down show!

16. heypartner

That will probably be what happens....because it will be so awesome. But, the NK already has 3-4 wight Giants that we saw in Ep 1. And we've seen Giants get through the Wall doors before.

Then again, the wall has a CotF magic spell, right? So maybe you need to melt it down. But the TV Show hasn't really mentioned that. The Giants could break through the doors still, I suppose.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. justtxyank

The show mentioned it. Sam I think said it at some point and I believe Benjen?

Of course, weak part in the theory the dragon will burn down the wall: The dragons unloaded a TON of fire on the army of the dead in the last episode and it didn't melt the ice or snow. :)

The Knight King walked over/through burning wights without even a hint of concern so I'm guessing he isn't vulnerable to fire either.

#1477 justtxyank, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  18. heypartner

yeah it did. The fire was carving up that ice. That's how Jon fell through, right? I didn't think he fell through at the same spot Viserion did. We even see that scorch-Earth (Ice) pattern in the ending shot. I was trying to decide if that pattern was similar to the cave wall drawings.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. justtxyank

You are right, my bad. I totally forgot that. The fire blew the heck out of that ice.

Edit: But in the shot where Dany looks back from the sky it looks like the ice is all back.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Does the ice dragon spit out fire or ice?