1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Why does this thread have a 1-star rating??:eek::eek:

2. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Don't know if this has been posted yet (I just finished season 3 and don't want to go back to look at the pages in this thread in case some comments regarding season 4, weren't spoilered).

http://www.fastcompany.com/3044770/...ones-went-from-crazy-idea-to-hbos-biggest-hit

5. ferrari77

Not sure if I should put this in the season 3/4 thread or here but wth

Why does Martin(and Benioff/Weiss agree to) keep killing off all the damn Starks yet the Lannisters for the most part get to keep on keeping on???

I read someplace that Martin said he doesn't want fans to get invested in the characters like so, yet he kills off the majority on the good side and lets the other side keep on going?

Blah, it's just something that's ticked me off as I've been watching and I'm sure most of y'all that started in 2011 or 12 have discussed this, it just grills my seabass. :mad:

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Joffrey and Tywin were killed and Jamie comes off as a good guy now. Also, Theon Greyjoy betrayed the Starks and has paid for it dearly at the hands of Ramsey Bolton. Lysa Arryn also got what she had coming. Shay was a backstabbing b**** and she too was taken care of.

Seems like a decent amount of bad people got what they deserved. Who's left?

Cersei (lost a son and a father, but still deserves more pain), Ramsey Bolton (makes Joffrey look well-adjusted), Roose Bolton, and Walder Frey. I can't think of anyone else.

1 person likes this.
  7. ferrari77

Ok I thought it was only Joffrey that gets killed in season 4. Good to hear Tywin as well. Guess I was thinking of Jamie and Cersei but yeah the way you put it I guess a decent amount of the Lannisters have been sorted out.

I figure just Lord Bolton and Walder Frey would be left to get what they deserve.

Thx for the response, let me go get started on Season 4 so I can be caught up by the end of the week.

8. Barca

Barca New Member

Don't forget the Hound.

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Probably best to avoid this thread if you haven't even watched season 4. Book readers here will spoil it for everyone. Just to let you know they read the books. No regard for human life.

10. ferrari77

Lolz. :grin:
    Yeah I'm not coming back in here until I finish season 4 by the end of the week.

Happy GoT season 5 premiere day to you all.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If you come to a season 5 thread without having seen season 4 that's your own dumbass decision. What the hell do you think they will be talking about ?

Spoiler, show watchers know what happened in season 4 also.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No Hodor Hodor or Brann?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

FYI the first four episode has been leaked online. You can find them at the usual torrent sites, however they are NOT hd quality. I'm guessing they were the screeners supplied to tv reviewers.

I've downloaded them and checked it, but decided against watching it, due to the quality. Its comparable to vcr or a 7 rating... I rather wait and watch it in HD.

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We never see him dead. Arya just walks away.

But he's probably dead

15. Remii

Remii Member

Probably because there's no comic book super hero characters in the show.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Probably been said on this thread, but the first 4 or so episodes have leaked online.

Between this release and Daredevil on Friday, productivity was quite low for me, this weekend. :eek:

17. Buck Turgidson

Big Dave Navarro and Taiwan Lannisters...KILT!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0XbcNcNJgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm guessing he's not. To be clear, I don't know but I don't think he is. Of course I didn't think the dancing master was dead either. Probably one of those things that is left by GRRM for us to ponder ourselves.

19. dback816

dback816 Member

It's supposedly five now

Haven't checked them all out myself, but seeing the screen shots, there appears to be a mosaic spot on bottom left corner so it must be some review copy.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Will be at the game tonight, will try to avoid all social media until I get back and watch it on HBOGO