1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 chants

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac, May 3, 2005.

1. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

I wish I could go...but I'm taking finals far, far away. And it's also too bad about the whole Detroit-Indiana thing because that rules out my protest of choice: throwing 100 Grand bars on the floor.

[​IMG]

But I was thinking: for all of us who can't be there, maybe we could compile a list of chants, and the people who do have the privilege of being at the game can try to get the best two or three started.

I still have to brainstorm more because I'm still too angry to be creative, but I'll start with a safe default:

a Darryl Strawberry-like Da-vid. Da-vid. Da-vid. Da-vid. Da-vid. Da-vid.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

How about giving a 100 Grand bar to JVG

that is if you ever get close to the bench or whatever

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Just chant Van Gundy, Van Gundy to show your love for a man sticking out his neck for your team, and your little fantasy. I know I will be chanting in front of my TV. ;)

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

FREE VAN-GUN-DY! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Chant "JEFF VAN GUNDY" like they used to in the Garden. A "CUBAN SUCKS" chant wouldn't be too bad either.

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

everyone show up in a referee uniform, sunglasses, and a cane.

7. kwc

kwc Member

dirk the flopper

8. tigereye

tigereye Member

Here's the best one......

*clap clap clap-clap-clap*Stern's an AS$HOLE!!!!

I wanna hear this loud and proud for Game 6.

The officiating has always been bad, and he's never done anything about it. Other leagues have, like baseball instituting Questec on the Umps. In basketball, if you even look cross-eyed at Steve Javie or Joey Crawford you get a T. There is no accountability in the NBA, because the league ignores it's problems. We all here the complaints, even form Mark Cuban on how Shaq's officiated last year, even though he now says in this situation that players are equally officiated. It is always an issue bubbling just below the surface. David Stern's approach is to fine and threaten until the problem goes away, but it never does. For Stern to threaten Van Gundy with a possible lifetime ban because he complained about officials is flipping absurd. We the fans should let the man himself know about that. After all, its the fans and the bussines we bring that he care's about the most.

Houston, on game 6, let Stern know how you feel. I wanna hear it so media outlets like ESPN now have something to talk about for days to come, thus it will never leave Stern alone and nag him. He can fine Van Gundy for stating what he believes but he cant fine us fans for doing the same.....freedom of speach, you fans have the power, its time to use it in a public forum.

And while your at it, I wanna here a "CUBAN SUCKS" chant too cause I hate that Mofo......the NBA should have fined him for pretending to shoot "the finger" at us fans. We need to get plain "Detroit-style" on him for that so bring your quarters.....

9. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

also someone should put a dirk jersey on and carry a whistle and every time they get touched or bumped in line or on way to their seats blow it as loud as possible and yell "FOUL!!!"

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

this is illegal. you will get banned from TC possibly for life.

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^
    really? damn. is it the whistle?

12. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

No, if you yell "Foul!" you will be banned for life. :D

I will be going to Game 6 and will be loudly chanting J-V-G to show support for him and the BS officiating.

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

what a shame.

14. Absolut_RoxFan

Absolut_RoxFan Contributing Member

I say we anonymously peg the refs with 100 grand bars during the timeouts and stuff. They'll never know what hit them but they'll get the message.

15. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

an assassination plot should do the trick

would be damn funny as well.

16. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I think Clutch should do a prank during halftime by sarcastically whispering something to a ref and offering him money

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Guys...

The only chants I want to hear are "Jeff Van Gundy" like they did it in NYC, and then an occasional "FLOPPER" whenever Dirk touches the ball

18. sackonhead

sackonhead Contributing Member

100 Grand Bars. LOL!

Great post.

How bout?
    One side of the arena yells "NBA!" and the other side yells "Rigged"

Or -
    One side yells: "Stern" ---- other side: "Sucks"

19. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Again:

Every time Dirk has the ball, just chant "flop. flop. flop". Be loud. TV will pick it up. The announcers on radio and TV will both comment. The refs will hear it and remember it. The point will be made regarding Dirk.

Meanwhile, yes, show JVG some love for sure.

And, in general, yell like crazy. It had better be loud; the Rox are facing elimination!

tigereye - Do you even know if the NBA has a review system like Questec? Surprise surprise, they do. And they've had it for a while. The NBA knows the ref system is a sore spot, and they have worked on it. Don't just assume they've done nothing. See the following New York Times article from early 2001: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/25/magazine/25NBA.html?ex=1115352000&en=8a25d2daa5add8ec&ei=5070.

20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I think "Jeff Van Gundy" or "Jeff" is very good. of course "Floper" is great too. Except those two, I don't it is wise to curse Stern or Refs, you don't want to make enemies everywhere. Calling Jeff, you show your support for your coach and team; calling "Floper" you show your disrespect to their franchise player, and put pressure on the refs as well. We don't want our action to be used against us. We don't want others to compare us with hooligans. But we need to make a stand to support Jeff, and show our disgust to unsportsman like "flopping".