1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gallinari Seriously injured!? Could Rockets take advantage?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 4, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

First and foremost my condolences goes out to Denver fans..injuries have destroyed the careers of two of our superstar...bc this is a huge loss for them...

Just based off the video that i was able to see, I suspect the way his knee buckled inward that it definitely affected his Medial collateral...the pop worries me that the injury could be much more severe(perhaps a complete tear of the MCL and involvement of the ACL and/or meniscus)

With all that said...Denver is now a team I wouldnt mind facing...we have to close the gap with GSW..and they need to find a way to lose...the Rockets have zero margin for error...and must try winning out as much as possible..

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

What brand shoe does he wear?

3. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

all of a sudden the rockets really should want that 6 seed

4. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I'd love to play the nuggets now. No gallo and no lawson makes things 100x easier. But I wouldn't mind playing the spurs since they'll be without Manu. I also don't think they could last 7 games with us. Clippers are another team we're capable of taking...just not OKC in the 1st round.

5. arjun

arjun Member

well with the spurs losing today....thunder now .5 games back of first place.

if we stay in 7th we have a shot to play the spurs(without ginobili),
    we go to 6th we will play either grizzlies or nuggets (without gallo)

I feel fine with all 3 of those options instead of playing thunder or clippers.

6. dischead

dischead Member

Last time we were the 6th seed in the playoffs we won the championship???

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Iggy owns Harden on the defensive end. Harden would average only 8-10 pts with Iggy on him 24/7. Our chances would be about equal.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

it was actually his play + Lawson's which made them so good. Houston can take them.

9. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Looked horrible in one of the gifs someone posted up. Hope he has a speedy recover. Dude was ballin.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

driving from the top of the key, tucking the ball like a RB, splitting the D with a long hop coming down on his left leg and wow:eek: that was not pretty.

Denver was rolling - but these 2 injuries are crucial.

Hate to see anyone injured like that. Too bad for him.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I am not worried about Igoudala...the concern has always been their PG's Lawson and Miller...bc without them...they would be a below average team...they still have miller...but there is no way miller can guard Lin and Beverly...without having someone else help out...Keneth Faried may get his points...but AI will have to force more shots in order to maintain their scoring prowess...without Lawson and Gallo...the Nuggets are sitting ducks...what a terrible time for an injury...

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Denver is an infinitely easier out than Oklahoma City.

I'll take that Denver matchup every day of the week.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Man, that team was poised to get to the WCF. Reminds me of our team before Yao went down.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Miller's been underrated his whole career, but the most overlooked aspect about the Nuggets, is the depth of their frontcourt. They would handle the Rockets easily even with these injuries.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

You don't seriously believe that Harden would average 8-10 ppg if Iggy guarded him in a playoff serious.

I hoe not

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hope ....

17. mirus

mirus Member

Huge fan of his and I was hoping to watch more of him in playoffs..be well

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Well considering Denver beat us 3 times this season largely because of Iggy keeping Harden in check, then yes.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Plus Harden is a bit hobbled right now. We don't know how tip top he'll be when the playoffs arrive. I'll bump it up to 15-17 pts if it makes any difference.

20. munco

munco Member

Denver has had some terrible luck of later. With that said if we can move up and end up facing them, I think people would say it's even odds we'd win even with Denver having home court. Lawson and Gallo are two of their three best players. As deep as they are, that is a huge loss and we're at full strength.