1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Furious George] Melo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by burnshroom, Dec 22, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well "not acting like a man" is an insult to Carmelo and Kenyon Martin. It also insinuates that their mothers didn't do a good enough job raising them. Anyway you see it, it's an insult to martin/melo and their mothers + whoever raised them.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats fair actually. WILL also say the Fatherless/Single Mom issue was raised by Pro-Family groups wanting to protect marriage and prevent kids out of wedlock. So on that, yes I'm incorrect in making it look like total black-white issue. It became very race specific still.

Main point of that was to answer "Whats wrong in pointing it out if its true?" And showing thats its not "just" people being pampered sensitive p****ies, that it CAN be ACTUALLY insulting. Perhaps its making it the same tired white vs black cliche to CREATE "offense", but its a real issue. I also tried to include that it can directly question any males's manhood, which is a touchy subject WITHOUT race too. Coulda done better on that

Again in all, its touchy in JUST the way George Karl is using it, making himself some disciplinary "solution" to their "fatherless problem". By itself its bad, add the racial context and it can get controversial.

Easy likes this.
  3. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Carl selling dirty stuff like that is baaad ..but how you turn every drama into racism these days is beyond comprehension.
    Two things: 1.I love Anthony's response and 2.If he could only play some D :)

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if Kenyon realizes it, but he just admitted to being an awful person himself

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL

Kruze10 and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Whatever you think of those players, this makes George Karl look very low-class himself. Based on his comments, I suppose Karl had a father at home. Too bad his father didn't teach him some basic virtues like be the bigger man, take the high road, and maybe he who is without sin should cast the first stone.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

A_3PO likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It seems like George Karl has no interest in getting into the HOF, or at least he's more interested in selling books than professional accolades.

I'm curious what else comes out when the book is released. Karl's been in the league a looong time. I am sure he has a lot of dirt on stars from the 80's and 90's.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well it does seem like he's been mad for decades and prob already left on bad terms anyways which only influenced him to be more honest. I guarantee almost all of us would love to say what's on our mind and what were mad at to who we are mad at...maybe this was his plan all along. Finish his career and get to a point where he does not need anyone's approval anymore or no more need to kiss ***. For the most part he's telling it like it is, the only wrong thing is that he's being unnecessarily rude about it. I mentioned last week how dame is a problem and is being selfish this year, they are underachieving.

Kruze10 likes this.
  12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is true. I would love to be at that point in my life where I could say the things that are really on my mind... If I did it now I would have been fired a long time ago.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

George Karl apologizes for 'fatherless' comments. "I said it poorly and I'm sorry that I said it poorly and I'm sorry for the reaction".

Easy likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tell us how you really feel Woj. ;)

*Awaiting George's response to Adrian*

• He will not coach again in the NBA
    • Karl was done because he's old & bitter and think he's owed something.
    • People in the league were disgusted to watch how he campaigned publicly & privately for head coaching jobs; some available, some occupied - which goes against the ethics of a profession that he pretends to hold dear.
    • George Karl was everything he says he disdained in players - all about the next contract, attention & himself over the team.
    • Denver fired him because he was intolerable day after day.
    • Sacramento was desperate for a name coach, only to let him go a year later. Vivek hired you when no one else even considered it.
    • George Karl won't coach again, won't make the HOF & he'll spend his final years chasing relevancy. Karl, just like the players he suggested bothered him the most, wants to be famous & relevant. For now, he is but that too, soon will fade. Furious George will become Forgotten George and that's what frightens him most of all.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I despise George for content of this book and its timing. He sounds desperate.

To his credit though, the Nuggets locker room was always a mess. 9 years of messiness that went unnoticed when the Nugs were winning. Still, what happens within your team family is supposed to stay away from the public. Those insulting, personal thoughts are not designed for the press.

I don't know how many coaches would fair dealing with Melo and Iverson on the same roster, let alone JR Smith, but you still don't go out of your way to release a textual vendetta against your former players. Well, that is unless you're Phil Jackson. While he's a scumbag in every sense of the term, he has the record and rings to back it up (I still want to put an asterisk next to his record. Without MJ/Pip/Kobe/Shaq, Phil Jackson doesn't have his legacy. /end rant)

This is a dead end for Karl. After his 15 minutes are up from this book tour, there won't be a spot at ESPN/TNT for him. He's going to be blacklisted by the players and the league.

Going after Damian was, perhaps, the worst part of all of this. Why target a great player that hasn't even met you? DL is one of the more humble guys in the league, despite all of his "branding," which includes a decent rap EP.

There just isn't a logical explanation for name-dropping DL out of nowhere.

This is just a case of "Grumpy Old Men." He should apologize to every damn player he criticized in that book.

When the focus turns more to his relationship with players, I guarantee he won't be able to handle it. When or if guys like GP/Jesus Shuttlesworth/Chauncey/Earl Boykins( the list goes on) respond, Karl's demons will stick out. Our current Rocket is more soft spoken with this type of stuff, but he has stories for days...

Good riddance, Karl. Your burned the only connection you had left to the league: former players. Awful move.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

[mic drop]

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol woj is trying to kiss up to NBA players so they will think he has their back so that he can bring them to his podcast

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

George keeping it real! Let me ask this..
    Why is it okay for George or any of us to talk trash secretly but publicly it becomes a tragedy? Don't we always ask to be a bug to listen in on stories or coversations? Someone for the first time is giving an unfiltered opinion and intel, might never happen again....

20. arjun

arjun Member

I think he's lost some screws in his older age. sad to see...this george karl is gone for good.

[​IMG]