1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friendliest Rocket ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baseballa, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Based on the "Have you met any Rockets" thread last week I can see that many of yall have had personal experiences with Rocket players.

Based on those experiences or just plain guesses, who do yall think is the nicest/friendliest current Rocket player? And just for kicks, who do yall think is the biggest jerk?

2. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Friendlies: Drexler & Olajuwon. I met both.

Biggest Jerk : Probably V. Maxwell but he was a good player.

I just noticed that you mentioned current Rockets players.
    I have not met any of them but I heard that Mobley was nice and easy to talk to.

#2 COMPAQ CENTER, Jun 18, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2002
  3. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I met Drexler, Kenny Smith, Barkley and Horry and all were really nice guys. Drexler especially.

I met Francis and Mobley at Park Place Mercedes and both were pretty nice guys also. They weren't quite like the old school players though, but still cool.

4. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Compaq,

Vernon Maxwell might have had trouble with the law, but he is a decent guy. He used to live across the street from me in Sugar Land. I remembered that when Don Chaney was fired, I gathered myself to talk to him to see what he thinks. He was actually really friendly, and was happy to talk. I remember shooting around a couple times with him in the driveway too. I also hung out with his son a lil even though he was a brat. The media doesn't know all. Vernon Maxwell is a good man.

5. knifejc

knifejc Member

I've met Vernon Maxwell at club Jamaica Jamaica back in 94 i think, he seemed like a pretty cool guy, easy to talk to, and got along with everybody.

6. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I've met Olajuwon, Horry, and Francis. Here's my breakdown:

Olajuwon: Nicest guy ever. Will sign anything and everything and take pics.

Horry: Nice guy, talks to you.

Francis: IMO, a total ass. He walked in, gave us a lecture (for a HS basketball team trip to westside) and then ran back into the locker room, totally ignoring 5-7 people from our team (including me) standing with pen and paper, and proceeded to swirl around on chairs with Cuttino for 10-15 min before leaving through the exit in the back.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Dream is one of the nicest ever. I was with some friends that are close to him and his family before a game where he was injured but still at the game. Anyways he was talking to these friends of mine while I was standing there and made it a point to introduce himself and shake my hand and so forth. I would never expect a player to instigate a conversation with a fan. Also Horry seemed like a great guy but Dream is my pick.

8. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

I've meet/met these people 42+ games per year:

Hakeem,Clyde,Otis,Chucky,Barkley,Maloney,Drew,Price,Willis,Pippen,Bullard,Eldridge,Ellie,Charles Jones,Dickerson,Othella,McCray,Lynden Rose,Sleepy,Dave Pheital?,Cat,Stevie,Cassell,Horry,Chivous,Malony's Boyfriend,many more....+Rudy and Co. , Oh, and Allen Level.

Barkley walked me out to the car once, helping me carry stuff. Willis was very nice, always flirting with the Power Dancers. Ellie NEVER spoke, ever. Cassell was nice and has a young heart as does his kid who hung out wuth us. Clyde is shy but nice, very smiley. Horry is one of us - he and Barkley are my favorite. Ellie just never spoke and always ran out of the locker room - just so quiet - he's last,sorry.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Power Dancer?

Rocket River

10. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

Rocket River,

No, Smoothie King owner.

11. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I agree with the Vernon Maxwell comment.
    He is a good guy and yes his son is kind of a brat. Looks alot like Mad Max.
    Barkley is one hell of a character. You have to love the guy.
    Drexler, Hakeem and Clyde were all great guys.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Horry and Carlos Rogers. Carlos has to be one of the coolest and funniest players in the NBA. The funniest thing was that I met him at Best Buy once and at Walmart when the PS2 just came out (walmart is open 24 hrs) and he even hung out with us for like 30 min while people were waiting in line to buy the PS2's.

13. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Even though I started this thread, why not get my opinion in. My aunt deals blackjack @ the Rockets parties, & she said Eddie was real nice, quiet, but real nice. She also said the biggest jerk was probably Glen Rice.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Calvin has to be the nicest of them all.

15. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

How can I run a smoothie king? how many benjamins does it cost to get rolling? maybe the clutch city members could all be investors......How many employees, etc...

Seriously, free smoothies for everyone!

16. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Matt Bullard = nicest rocket I've seen.