1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Montrezl Harrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The dude has been killing it in the D-League, and Jones has been killing us. Play him JB!! No excuse that bona fide scrub TJ gets burn over Harrell.

2 people like this.
  2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

God plz let this guy play. Ajones is the worst. **** JB is blind.

3. hakeemthagreat

The thing is he shouldn't even be there. But that's a different story:rolleyes:

4. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

RGV highlights (a lot)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hf5D_OA9VY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XiTbL6VSQuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UH_tUSvpe2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aMagkkmLQP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dU567P-qh38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qnuj-m4KQNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

every time a new account praises some random player I accuse him of that player only fan and others call me hypocrite.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Some people take this forum serious as ****

7. rockpileindisma

On brewdog I'll tell you what a knocker feels like

8. dmoneybangbang

And yet in Jone's D League season his per 36 is better than Harell's despite Harrell averaging 39MPG in the D League.

TJones

Harrell

I'm not a Jones's apologist just bringing in some context here.

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I remember Jones tearing it up as well, but Harrell is a different type of player. High energy, high IQ (so it seems, he's a 3 year Pitino guy), shows some semblance of fluidity (Jones shows none), and has a jumper that doesn't look like a catapult.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jones was awesome in RGV, it's just that he's terrible in the NBA. He's like the NBA version of a AAAA player. Kills it in the minors, sucks in the bigs.

Since we know that, might as well see what you have in Harrell.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

12. ibm

ibm Member

he's been killing?

... oh in the d-league. my bad...

dos anyone know how silly it sounds when you place the hope on a second round rookie who cant even get regular p/t?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's NOT getting regular playing time, but that's not to say that he shouldn't be. The Rockets are just pretty terrible when it comes to rotations and which players to play. There's absolutely no reason to play Terrence Jones over Harrell.

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

He can't get regular pt from a coach whose rotations are broken

15. dmoneybangbang

Jones isn't terrible in the NBA, stop pushing that agenda.

Harrell, despite his energy, still can't get consistent minutes? You know how many technical has in his limited time? Tied in 10th among PF.... He's still learning.

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Yes, yes he is.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know there are like 3 of you left still believing that Jones is better than terrible at the NBA level and there's just nothing that can be done to help you guys. Your blind belief won't change anything.

18. dmoneybangbang

Aside from Jones outplaying Harrell in his limited minutes? Look at the advanced stats and per 36 minutes.

No doubt Jones has been regressing with each season since his sophomore, but Harrell ain't ready yet.

19. dmoneybangbang

I'm pushing data, you're pushing agendas. Got anything better than words and highlight videos?

20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

We have nothing to lose, if Harrell sucks, oh well, Jones was **** anyways. If not, we found a gem. Imagine if the Warriors had the same status-quo mentality, Draymond never would've gotten a chance to shine like he has.

[​IMG]